Announcing a new Meetup for Portland Cooking And Recipes Meetup Group!What
: Brisket BBQ and "Annie's Naturals" Challenge~~~!When
: Sunday, September 12,[masked]:30 PMPrice
: $12.00 per personWhere
: Jennifer and Mark's
West Linn, OR
Oh WHERE O WHERE did our Summer go??........ *Sigh*....
Well all we can do is stow away our sandles and get out our umbrellas and get ready for the blustery fall.....but WAIT.....let's usher out the season IN STYLE with a BBQ and summer potluck~!!
Jenny and Mark have graciously offered up their beautiful home and HUGE deck in West Linn for our "say so-long to summer party"! Mark has been fine-tuning his brisket recipe all summer and is ready to show us how THE PROS do it~! In turn, we all bring other apps, sides, entrees, desserts to go with to create a sumptuous summertime feast....and it's just the PERFECT time of year with all the fresh product from our local growers and markets.......
and WAIT....there's MORE.....
Annies Naturals, makers of natural and organic sauces, condiments and dressings is sponsoring our event with a little gift for everyone and a CHALLENGE~~(this is SO much fun!!
Each attendee is to either 1. CREATE a recipe using a product from their line OR 2. USE a recipe from their website to create a dish for our party......Sounds kind of like "TOP CHEF" doesn't it?
So here's the "scoop":
1. Each guest to bring 1 dish (app, entree, side, dessert) that uses an "Annies" product in it.
Each dish should serve approx. 8 people.
2. Print your recipe out and bring it with you to the party....one copy for each member. This is IMPORTANT....you can't participate in the contest unless you have your printed recipes with you.
3. You MUST post what you are bringing at least 7 days before the event. Because some people may use a recipe from the Annies website we need to avoid duplicates. You can still participate in the contest if you use a recipe off the website. Failure to note what you are doing after your RSVP so all can see may result in my having to delete your RSVP......yikes.....sorry but can't be helped..
4. We will vote on the "Top Recipe". I will create "secret ballots" ahead of time, one per attendee so again I need to know what you are bringing so I can list it on the ballot.
5. Winner will receive a BRAND NEW GRILLING COOKBOOK....$50.00 value and ALL attendees will receive a free bottle of Annies Salad Dressing~~!
Fee is 12.00 per person and includes wine, beer, soft drinks and AMAZING BBQ dinner including Marks amazing beef brisket! Fee is refundable up to 2 weeks before the event.
Directions will be sent the week of the event~~
So come on out to our last BBQ of the season and let's celebrate the end of summer and peak harvest season with your old friends and new friends from Portland's best cooking group~!!
Looking forward to seeing you there~
RSVP to this Meetup:http://www.meetup.com/cookingandrecipes-portland/calendar/14518709/