Announcing a new Meetup for Portland Cooking And Recipes Meetup Group!
What: Rush Hour Relief with BYO Appetizers and Wine Tasting~!!
When: Thursday, February 18,[masked]:00 PM
Price: $3.00 per person
Korkage Wine Shop
6351 SW Capitol Highway Hilldale
Portland, OR 97239
Wine + Good Food + Terrific Conversation + Live Music = A Really Good Time~~!!
Join me on the westide at KORKAGE for a little rush hour relief and mid-week break!
Korkage Wine Shop and Tasting Bar is a fabulous little wine shop in the Hillsdale area (near Wilson High)....it's a southwest neighborhood favorite and an intimate spot known to many regulars. Local owners Tamairah and Erich were regulars before purchasing the shop just a couple of months ago....AND for a LIMITED time until they get their kitchen up and running....we can bring our own food!!! YEAH!!
Here's the plan:
1. We will meet up at the wine shop promptly
at 6 p.m....(as everyone is bringing food it is very important to be on time so everyone is "served" at the same time).
2. Everyone is to be bring a HOME MADE finger food appetizer. "No cheese please" as part of the goal of our group is to get everyone in the kitchen
. Bring your dish ready to go as there will not be any room to do last minute assembling at the shop....also finger food is best......it's just easier to present and consume and easy is GOOD, yes?!
3. Bring your own disposable or reusable plates, napkins and untensils for the appetizers.
4. If you respond for 2, please bring 2 appetizers. You MUST post what you are bringing under the comments section after you RSVP....failure to do so may result in my having to remove your RSVP. You will have 3 days after RSVPing to post what you are bringing. Sorry to be so OUCH! OUCH! but I am keeping this meetup up small because of limited space and so that everyone gets a chance to meet and chat with all attending......
5. Fee for the event is 3.00....a small amount for the webfee and the rest for the shop....The 3.00 is NOT part of your gratuity....just a little for the owners to help with the extra bit of "pick up" we may need for noshing at their shop...Fee is fully refundable if event gets canceled or rescheduled (HIGHLY unlikely!!
Also.....Thursday nights are WINE TASTING nights at Korkage....and they usually offer 5 tastes for $10.00! OR you can purchase whatever you like by the glass OR they have a $5.00 VERY reasonable corkage fee for any bottle in the shop!
Plenty of free parking in lot right outside their door!.....No stress!
SO.....Looking forward to seeing you for a little mid-week revelry!! Come on out and join me for some delicious bites, some great wine, fun conversation and music!
Learn more here:http://www.meetup.com/cookingandrecipes-portland/calendar/12556669/