Announcing a new Meetup for Portland Cooking And Recipes Meetup Group!
What: Anthony Bourdain LIVE at the Bagdad~!
When: Monday, June 21,[masked]:00 PM
Price: $1.50 per person
McMenamins Bagdad Theater and Pub
3702 SE Hawthorne Street
Portland, OR 97214The baddest Chef around is headed to the Bagdad for a one-night only appearance!
McMenamins and Powell's Books are sponsoring a one night appearance of check out Anthony Bourdain (oh be still my heart!!!
) as he comes through Portland in support of his latest release "MEDIUM RAW".
The long awaited sequel to KITCHEN CONFIDENTIAL explores those changes, taking the reader back and forth---from the authors "bad old days" --to the present. Tracking his strange and unexpected voyage from journeyman cook to globe traveling professional eater and drinker. Bourdain compares and contrasts what he's seen and what he's seeing, pausing along the way for a series of confessions (do you think he REALLY likes Rachel Ray
), rants, investigations and interrogations of some of the more controversial figures in food---always returning to the question----"Why cook?"....or the hard to answer---"Why cook well?".....
Here's the plan:
1. Tom and I will grab a table for Happy Hour at the Bagdad a little before 5 p.m. for the group. They have a typical McM style HH.....nothing gourmet...but fun, inexpensive and convenient!! I am keeping the group small so we can all have a chance to have a manageable conversation and meal....I have found that smaller groups really do work better for really getting to know each other and share....please bring cash as I don't believe McM offers separate checks.....
2. We will head over the theater at about 6:30 or so to grab a seat for the 7 o'clock show.
We may or may not end up sitting together for the show.we can probably get better seats if we don't try to sit as a group...just depends how crazy it is...
3. PRESALE starts TUESDAY APRIL 20th at 9 AM. Please ONLY put down a YES if you are SURE you can go and have secured your ticket. PRESALE code password is BAGDAD (Thank you fellow group member Wendy P.!!). Ticket prices is $27.00 through Ticketmaster...www.ticketmaster.com..... and includes a copy of MEDIUM RAW.
3. We will decide before we go in if we want to meet up at the pub after the show.....TBD. Tom and I will but I know it's a "school night" for many of you....
4. I am charging a nominal fee of $1.50 to help offset web fees and because....believe it or not....it helps cut down on no-shows
So....come one out and join us for a fantastic evening with the wild, crazy, funny, opinionated and talented Anthony Bourdain.....AND....if this event fills up....grab some other friends and go with them....this is an event not to be missed~~!!
See u soon~~!
Learn more here:http://www.meetup.com/cookingandrecipes-portland/calendar/13229553/