addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Crafty Geek Message Board › Collaberative Geekdom

Collaberative Geekdom

Penny R.
user 27529952
Saint Paul, MN
Post #: 1
I would like to start a collabertive craft project for the Convergence 2012 auction. I am looking 12 Crafty Geeks (myself included in the 12) to make an art quilt. We can chose a geeky theme (i.e. Dr Who, Superheros, Star Wars, etc) and then create a 8" quilt block to in your choice of needle work technique. The blocks would need to be complete by the end of April to be put together and bound by next year's Convergence.

Is there any interest?
A former member
Post #: 10,385
Penny --

This sounds like an awesome idea, but I am thinking that you might want to talk it up at the next Crafty Geek Meetup.

I am going to email a link of this discussion to Brandy and Alicia to make sure they see it.

Hmm
Brandy D.
user 22853201
Minneapolis, MN
That sounds BRILLIANT.

Please come to some meetings - that's virtually the only creative time I have.

Brandy
Jessica 'Ferret' S...
theferret
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 2
Very interested though I've never actually done quilt work, I've wanted to for a long time. I'm sure I could make a few practice ones before making a real one though. I think it would be cool to go with the CON's theme, especially if it mostly got done by women. :)
Dani I.
user 8096632
Minneapolis, MN
I'm in the same boat. I would totally help, but I haven't quilted before. I'd like the chance to have a smaller less scary project to start to learn with, but understand if you're looking for people that know what's up. :)
Penny R.
user 27529952
Saint Paul, MN
Post #: 2
My plan right now is to attend the Nov 3 meeting. I will bring parts of my current project a collection of Dr Who Art Quilt blocks which I am going to present at the Art Show next year. The great thing about ArtQuilts is that they don't need to be just stitching fabric and batting. The can encompass many types of fiber and techniques. I will also bring some of my inspiration materials for people to look at.

Hope to see every one at the meeting next week.

Penny
A former member
Post #: 32
I too would like to help but haven't quilted. Am a crocheter and knitter - don't know if those skills could be of help?
Jessica 'Ferret' S...
theferret
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 3
Totally missed the Nov. 3rd meeting (too many other things going on that day) but am still interested. I'll be there tonight.
Ann R.
user 4070187
Minneapolis, MN
Hey Penny, this is a kewl idea... any progress on this? How many people do you have? Do you think a poke out on the general GPS FB page may help? Please let me know and I'll see what I can do.