Crafty Geek Message Board › Portable crafts?

Portable crafts?

Brandi
user 7808877
Saint Paul, MN
Post #: 29
What are you making? Any lessons learned on what transports well or what doesn't?

I'm not up for hauling over my sewing machine at this point and I feel sure I'll forget some of the parts of other crafts.
Penny R.
user 27529952
Saint Paul, MN
Post #: 3
How Portable? I find ways that let me do things that fit in a lot of degrees from ziploc bags(small pieces for larger projects) to several boxes (a portable costume shop). My tool kits right now is one pencil bag with writing-drawing (markers and pencils, etc), and another one with basic hard tools (6in ruler, retracable exacto, scissors, pencil sharpener, hole punch)

I ride the bus alot and like to take things with me. Crafts I found that work well are knitting, crochet, stitchery(hems, embroidery, hand quilting). I've done bead embroidery, and scrapbooking and lots of other things. One thing I have found helpful is breaking down my projects and having a couple tool kits to make things easier for on the go making. I also have been working on a lot of art journaling, which allow a to go projects.
Jessica 'Ferret' S...
theferret
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 4
I made a Doctor Whovian scarf a few years ago and it became a bear to transport everywhere just because of how long it got...Needlepoint is much more portable.