align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Crafty Geek Message Board › NEW POLL: Sewing night at Event Horizon in the Waterbury

NEW POLL: Sewing night at Event Horizon in the Waterbury

Yoric S.
user 116101042
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 1
Hello all:
This is Chad DanaKi, husband to Brandy DanaKi, and father to Petra "Dragon" DanaKi.
I am the person who brought up the concept of what I am calling "Sewing Geek", for those who have sewing machines, and projects, and would like to do them with a group.
I am not currently driving, so Thursdays work best for me as my wife is in charge of Crafty Geek and will be at the Waterbury during the hours I am hoping for. However this Does NOT say "Thursday is the only day", it would just take some work of a different day works for others.

The Next question is:
Do we meet up every week (If Thursdays, this would be my ideal).
Do we meet up every other week?
Do we meet up one a month?
Terri_Lynn
user 54614842
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 1
I think this a great idea - my preference would be for every other week or monthly (at least to start with). Having a space to cut out larger projects, not to mention the availability of other people with potentially more experience would be fantastic.

Plus this would give me a reason to acquire a more portable sewing machine.
Yoric S.
user 116101042
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 2
If I were to set it up for every week, but you are only able to make it every other week, this would still allow others to make it during those odd weeks.
Please do not consider this and "putting down" your suggestion, I am more hopping this will strike up more input from you and others.
Toni
user 87327782
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 2
I am interested as I sew and have a portable machine I could use, but I would still want to do my other crafts too so alternating weeks could work for me or seperate days of the week when you get transportation (like Tuesday for sewing and Thursdays for crafting???)
Yoric S.
user 116101042
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 3
We are having Sewing night st Event Horizon!
Toni, we took in account those who would like to do both Crafty Geek and "Sewing Geek" (taking suggestions for a better title). However it appears other days of the week has it's own unique challenge, where Thursday is open for another club to start up.
So we announce the first "Crafty Geek" as an offshoot of Crafty Geek.
It will be on Thursday November 7th at 19:00 (7:pm) in room 106A (to start), if the group gets too big to fit in the room with Crafty Geek, we have been told we can spill out into 106, and if that still proves to be cramped, we can start negotiating for room 107.

I am really looking forward to this!
Nancy S.
user 23952582
Saint Paul, MN
Aaacck! I have a long term commitment that meets on Thursday nights so this is not good for me. Hopefully I will get to join you guys soon once my life settles down a bit for the winter. Nancy
Toni
user 87327782
Minneapolis, MN
I am going to try to make it there after my Dr appt.