Please post the 5 ideas created at our 3/30 meetup here (with your names next to it):
1. Taylor: Our 'game' idea is a twitter based game where you pass on random acts of kindness to your twitter followers... the 'game' would be lead by @simonsez (this might not be available, I'm just brainstorming) and with the use of #hashtags like #simonsez and #team1 or #teamtaylor it can be kept track of...
The obvious shortcomings
not site specific
people would have to have both twitter and access
nothing you can 'hold' or 'see' on the street to tell that people are playing
I think it could work as an addition to something for this event, I like the garbage bag thing... else or for another type of campaign later... like what about a Creative Instigators 'Do something nice' month or week where maybe it's not a competition but we could use ow.ly reports or something to track how far the tweets go and blog about people doing them in far away places? To have central place... and maybe like a logo that you can take pictures of.. to see how far it travels.. just for fun...
2. Mariel/Jennifer/Agustin's group -
Basic Idea: Collecting trash/litter/recyclables/unwanted objects. To give attention to amount of trash we generate, and possibly to compete for a donation to a park/greenspace/other neighborhood cause.
"Players": There could be team captains stationed in different areas of the neighborhood, perhaps by a park, square, or green space. Their job would be to involve passersby in contributing to their team's part of the project. It might be fun for each team to have a different flag.
Rules/Object: "Winner" could be judged by criteria such as: most trash collected, or most creative art piece assembled from trash in a given amount of time (how to judge? follow a URL / QR code to a website where you can vote for your favorite team? Weigh the trash?). Also each team could possibly collect a different color or category of item, for example: food containers, or red/orange/yellow items only.
Game Play: Team members could collect refuse in garbage bags or boxes with QR codes (another group suggested using these codes on balloons, so this would be a way to combine those ideas). Passersby would be asked to contribute trash they might have to the bag/box, or to add trash to an art piece/scuplture being assembled in a team's stationed area.
Reward: This would be possible if game had sponsorship. Winning Team could have a monetary contribution go to their chosen park or green space where they were stationed, or to a cause of their choice, which would be advertised (via signage/QR code) during game play at their chosen station. Also as a "reward", participants could see photos of themselves participating in the project, posted onto the game's website or facebook page.
I will post an example or two of similar projects on the Inspiration page...
3. JJ/Jeff/Adam Ours was an idea to link tourists and residents to make them understand where each of them came from a little better.
- It started as a goal of having a mechanism (game) to bring a tourist and a resident into an interaction, have them share something that would expand their knowledge of each other (Like: What's your morning ritual? Or Where do you shop for food? Or When you are bored, where do you go?)
- We needed a way for them to find each other. First idea was a tee-shirt, then we got it down to balloons. More exploration necessary.
- To track the interactions and score them, we considered QR codes that lead to a Gdoc to record and score the history. Scoring would then rank people throughout the city. In actuality, this could be a fantastic app and very easy to make.
And if you'd like to add other ideas, put them here (with your name next to it):
|Page title||Most recent update||Last edited by|
|Seeking feedback? Post Idea for Game Submissions||April 7, 2011 10:03 AM||Loretta|
|Research on Game Design||April 3, 2011 12:11 PM||Loretta|
|Game Ideas||April 6, 2011 5:47 PM||former member|
|Inspiration (creative projects in public spaces)||April 28, 2011 4:27 PM||LaTeisha|
|Resources||February 21, 2011 8:33 PM||former member|
|About The Creative Instigators||June 29, 2010 9:19 PM||Loretta|