Oct 20, 2012 · 1:00 PM
Do you ever want to raid someone else's craft stash? Do you have too much craft clutter in your house? Well, we do too!
Come along to the CREATE London Craft Swap and you could be going home with brand new craft materials for yourself; the more you bring, the more you could be going home with. Swaps can be carried out between 2 or more people and the better the quality items you bring, the more likely you are to successfully bargain for the items you're after.
What we have so far -
- Scrapbooking: 12x12 papers, other decorative papers, photo tape, double-sided tape, glues etc (all items unused)
- Stamping: selection of rubber stamps, ink pads, stamping techniques book.
- Craft hardware: decorative edge scissors (in 9 different styles), regular scissors (still in packet), craft scalpels (still in packets)
- Jewellery-making: glass beads, seed beads, findings, tools, coloured tigertail, coloured wire, organza ribbon
- Polymer Clay: bead roller, extruder, completed jewellery
- Storage: collapsible containers, plastic/cardboard storage boxes
- Needlework: cross stitch magazines, embroidery thread
- Sewing: fabric, thick and thin cord, elastic, Kath Kidston sewing book.
- Papercraft: card-making paper, decoupage materials etc.
- Knitting/Crochet: yarn, vintage knitting needles, crochet magazine
- Baking: colourful metal cookie cutters (dinosaurs, animals, hearts, flowers etc), mini cutters (star-shaped), wooden rolling pins (great for kids)
- General Craft: glitter, Martha Stewart decorative shapes (12 bottles), silk flowers, ribbons, ribbons and more ribbons!
- Books & Magazines: on topics such as sewing, cross stitch, scrapbooking and jewellery-making
This list will be added to as more people sign up so keep an eye on it.
The swap will take place at Elly's house in pretty Kew Village and afternoon tea will be provided (though, as with all of our events, more food is always welcome!). If you'd like to make a day of it then Kew Gardens is just a 5 minute walk away.
If anybody has a large amount of stuff please contact Elly to arrange to drop off your items in advance. We have a nice, dry garage (and no car) so there's no need to worry about storage.
As this is a not-for-profit group, all proceeds will go towards paying the group's meetup.com fees (this costs us $72.00USD every 6 months).