This is an introductory session and intended for those that are newer to using a DSLR or new to using some of its features.
In it, we'll exposure each of the buttons on the camera. We'll even touch on the "DOF Preview" button that often surprises some people that it's even there. ("Hmm, I never even noticed that before...") Some of the topics will include:
When and how to use the various focus modes (one-shot, servo, af-s, af-c)
Recognizing the limits of focus in various lenses (minimum focus distance, depth of field, hyper focus distance)
- When and how to use Live View (especially for helping with focus)
- What are the drive modes and when to use them (single, continuous, time delay)
- What is mirror lockup and when to use it
- What is bracketing and how to do it
- What can be done with bracketed shots (including HDR)
- What is back-button focus and should I use it?
Bring a DSLR camera, and your instruction manual (just in case!). A small, table-top tripod will be very helpful for things like DOF Preview and Bracketing with HDR, but not essential.