There is NO place to meet! Submit your pictures to [masked]
About the Community Photo Contest
The basic things you need to know to enter.
1. This contest is only open to members of the Colorado Springs Creative Photography community (http://www.meetup.com/creative-photography/ & http://www.facebook.com/groups/CSCPGinfo/)
2. Take your high resolution image, save it as a .jpg and re-name it with your first 3 initials and the entry #. For example: clm1.jpg)
3. Send it [masked]
4. You’ll receive an email to confirm your entry and a request for payment of your entry fee: $10 first entry, $7.50 second entry, $5 third entry and then $2.50 for entries after that. (*FYI- fees are necessary to cover exhibit, promotional and all final contest expenses—we remain a not for profit FREE group. A full accounting of the money is available at http://www.meetup.com/creative-photography/money/)
5. Lastly, if you refer a friend, that is NOT already a member, to join our fb or meetup group you both will get 50% off your first entry fee. And If you can’t afford the entry fee- contact me and we may be able to work something out. (case by case)
Two most important things:
This contest is all about ‘us’ the community of Colorado Springs Creative Photographers (CSCPG). The main prize will be your photography in an exhibit that will be hung around town to promote ‘us’ the CSCPG community. Winning photographs therefore are going to be judged on your unique and diverse individual perspectives. There will be one Best of Show for the contest and a slew of Honorable Mentions. There may be best of show awards for individual categories: Landscape, Seniors, Weddings, Architecture and Strictly B/W IF we get a minimum # of entries (10) in a special category.
Now here is the long version, read on…
• The deadline will be Dec 31st, and the judging will be in early January.
• Your picture does not have to have been shot in 2012. - It is a DIGITALLY judged competition, so you have no printer/framer costs. Just submit a high resolution image (this means your original file size with your crops or post-processing edits so don’t down size the image. But YES, you can go ahead and crop or do whatever you want to do in post-processing. Just know that your submitted image will be what is submitted to the printer, there will be no time to 'fix it/replace it' before it is sent off, so PLEASE make it high rez in .jpg format. We will pick our contest winners and 1 or 2 alternates- if after being judged as a winner we find out you have slipped through our filters and are not truly a member or that you submitted a file too small to print and display WE WILL REPLACE IT WITH AN ALTERNATE no questions asked.
• ALL ENTRIES MUST INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION/OR: - Your Name as you want it to appear on the trophy - Title of the photograph: IF you have one, it is not required - email address; phone number - which group you are a member of meetup or facebook - a special category you are submitting to - RENAME YOUR FILES TO YOUR FIRST 3 INITIALS AND NUMBER THEM 1,2,3,4,5. For example CLM1 or CLM2.
• Email all entries to [masked] , - Once they are downloaded I will send you an email acknowledging receipt and a contest agreement of what permissions you are granting CSCPG by submitting your images (we will want to include images in a CSCPG 2012 Annual Photo Contest slide show that will be shown in public and on the web to promote the contest and the group, we will want permission to print and to display your winning image in a public exhibit for the next year (2013) and finally to use winning images in future print or web products promoting the CSCPG – you maintain all the rights to your photos, we just have these few limited permissions) IF you agree, you then pay your entry fees and we are all done. No images will not be kept on file, after judging your files will be deleted. - This contest is only open to CSCPG meetup group and facebook members. - The contest is a ‘Wide Open’ contest - ok what do I mean by 'Wide Open'? There is NO THEME. Each entry will be judged on its own uniqueness. This is not a merit print or just a normal photo contest; there is actually a higher goal in that we want the winning images to be part of a public exhibit. The special exhibit is intended to showcase 'us' (CSCPG) as a group to the whole Colorado Springs community-- so it is wide open to what is YOUR photography. I won't go into the details of 'the whole campaign plan' here and now. But come to the 2012 Annual Meeting in Jan. if you want to know more about the 'big picture.' AND the judges’ rulings are final. To be CLEAR, the final images are not necessarily the best photographs, but rather a group of images that best represents 'US' as a group. IF we get enough entries (10), We would like to offer a ‘Best of’ award for: - Landscape - Senior Portrait - Architecture - Wedding - Strictly B&W - There WILL NOT be a ‘Best of’ category for pictures of kittens, cats or felines in general unless we get 25 submissions. It’s just a Charlie, cat herder, thing. - Costs: fee: $10 first entry, $7.50 second entry, $5 third entry and then $2.50 for entries after that. (You are going to HAVE TO stick to the file naming plan to get the discount!) IF you have a great photo and really can’t afford to enter it, contact me and we will work something out (on a case by case basis.) - Winners: Frankly, we don't know exactly how big this contest is going to get. We are hoping to get 100 entries and have a 'Best of Show' and 4-7 'Honorable Mentions' (more than 100 entries, more ‘Honorable Mentions’/ less entries, less ‘Honorable Mentions’, but in the end we will not exhibit more than 12 winners. Please understand that IF the contest is a complete flop and we get less than 50 entries, there won’t be an exhibit- we really don’t expect that this is going to happen, but we won’t know until we try.
- The 'Best of Show' will get an engraved trophy. Plus CSCPG will pay for the image to be submitted to the Annual Visions of Light Contest and the image will be the Group picture on the meetup site for 2013.
- The (10-12) ‘Honorable Mentions’ will be custom printed and framed (11x14). And after one year of being on public exhibit the framed image will be turned over to the winners. Best of category winners will not be printed and framed unless they may the final cut of (10-12) finalist.
FINALLY, I personally have run many photo contests. Most had over 1,500 entries, so I think this first CSCPG Annual Photo Contest can be made into a fun and exciting event. But bear with us as we pull this contest together. We have high hopes that we will see some GREAT images, that we might be able to have a members only 'opening show' premier and that we will get our images out to the Colorado Springs Community to showcase the terrific talent that we have in our group. Thanks, and GOOD LUCK! Charlie