Please consider entering the CSCPG Annual Photo Contest. The deadline is Dec 31st, and the judging will be in early January.
Here are the rules and entry information:
- Your picture does not have to have been shot in 2012.
- It is a DIGITALLY judged competition, so you have no printer/framer costs. Just submit a high resolution image (this means your original file size with your crops or post-processing edits so don’t down size the image. But YES, you can go ahead and crop or do whatever you want to do in post-processing. Just know that your submitted image will be what is submitted to the printer, there will be no time to 'fix it/replace it' before it is sent off, so PLEASE make it high rez in .jpg format. We will pick our contest winners and 1 or 2 alternates- if after being judged as a winner we find out you have slipped through our filters and are not truly a member or that you submitted a file too small to print and display WE WILL REPLACE IT WITH AN ALTERNATE no questions asked.
- ALL ENTRIES MUST INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION/OR:
- Your Name as you want it to appear on the trophy
- Title of the photograph: IF you have one, it is not required
- email address; phone number
- which group you are a member of meetup or facebook
- a special category you are submitting to
- RENAME YOUR FILES TO YOUR FIRST 3 INITIALS AND NUMBER THEM 1,2,3,4,5. For example CLM1 or CLM2.
- email all entries to coscreativephotographygroup.com ,
- Once they are downloaded I will send you an email acknowledging receipt and a contest agreement of what permissions you are granting CSCPG by submitting your images (we will want to include all the images in a CSCPG 2012 Annual Photo Contest slide show that will be shown in public and on the web to promote the contest and the group, we will want permission to print and to display your winning image in a public exhibit for the next year (2013) and finally to use winning images in future print or web products promoting the CSCPG – you maintain all the rights to your photos, we just have these few limited permissions) IF you agree, you then pay your entry fees and we are all done. No images will not be kept on file.
- This contest is only open to CSCPG meetup group and facebook members.
- The contest is ‘Wide Open’ - ok what do I mean by 'Wide Open'? There is NO THEME. Each entry will be judged on its own uniqueness. This is not a merit print or just a normal photo contest; there is actually a higher goal in that we want the winning images to be part of a public exhibit. The special exhibit is intended to showcase 'us' (CSCPG) as a group to the whole Colorado Springs community-- so it is wide open to what is YOUR photography. I won't go into the details of 'the whole campaign plan' here and now. But come to the 2012 Annual Meeting in Jan. if you want to know more about the 'big picture.' AND the judgest rulings are final. To be CLEAR, the final images are not necessarily the best photographs, but rather a group of images that best represents 'US' as a group.
IF we get enough entries (10), We would like to offer a ‘Best of’ award for:
- Senior Portrait
- Strictly B&W
- There WILL NOT be a ‘Best of’ category for pictures of kittens, cats or felines in general unless we get 25 submissions. It’s just a Charlie, cat herder, thing.
- Costs: 1st entry is $10, second is $5, third and everything after is $1. (You are going to HAVE TO stick to the file naming plan to get the discount!) IF you have a great photo and really can’t afford to enter it, contact me and we will work something out.
- Winners: Frankly, we don't know exactly how big this contest is going to get. We are hoping to get 100 entries and have a 'Best of Show' and 4 'Honorable Mentions' (more than 100 entries, more ‘Honorable Mentions’/ less entries, less ‘Honorable Mentions’, but in the end we will not exhibit more than 12 winners. Please understand that IF the contest is a complete flop and we get less than 50 entries, there won’t be an exhibit- we really don’t expect that this is going to happen, but we won’t know until we try. Again, IF we get a minimum of 10 entries in any of the categories there will be an additional (+5 or +12) 'Best of' award for that category- but only ‘Wide Open’ images will be included in the final exhibit.
- The 'Best of Show' will get an engraved trophy and depending on the # of total entries possibly a cash prize. Plus CSCPG will pay for the image to be submitted to the Annual Visions of Light Contest and the image will be the Group picture on the meetup site for 2013.
- The ‘Best of & Honorable Mentions’ will be custom printed and framed (11x14). And after one year of being on public exhibit the framed image will be turned over to the winner.
- The competition judging will be open to the CSCPG group (There will be rules to follow.)
FINALLY, I personally have run many photo contests. Most had over 1,500 entries, so I think this first CSCPG Annual Photo Contest can be made into a fun and exciting event. But bear with us as we pull this contest together. We have high hopes that we will see some GREAT images, we might be able to have a members only 'opening show' and that we will get our images out to the Colorado Springs Community and that we can showcase the terrific talent that we have in our group.
Thanks, and GOOD LUCK!