Pittsburgh Creative Crafters Message Board meetup-group-UqUUMomG Discussion Forum › Rock/Bead/Craft shop in Squirrel Hill - Closing/Relocating

Rock/Bead/Craft shop in Squirrel Hill - Closing/Relocating

PUGDOG
pugdog
Pittsburgh, PA
Post #: 498
Hi,

I asked the group manager if it was ok to post a message here about this.
Pittsburgh is sort of a place where if you don't know it exists, you never will ;)

I have a rock/bead shop in Squirrel Hill. We started as a hobby shop, but it was bringing in the wrong crowd. So, we changed the name, and sstill provided craft/hobby materials to the local people, while developing the largest bead/finding inventory in the region!

We always had great prices, but a few years ago we went to a wholesale format, as we tried to close down the first time. The wholesale format means we got rid of the tables and make-and-take areas, and a lot of the loose items. We went to a more streamlined format of simplified pricing and supplying mostly designers, resellers and more advanced beaders/jewelry makers.

We have trunk shows and vendor shows, and have built up a large unique inventory.

We need to relocate, or close up. Our building was sold, and so we need to move.

We have a HUGE selection of higher end gemstone beads, and many rare and unique items.
We have bead strands that start at $1.50 for full sized strands.
We have a really good selection of African beads, from modern to vintage. These include Italian trade beads.
We have a limited amount of gold filled and sterling findings (I'm not replacing them as sold off). We have some unusual things in 2 and 3 and more strand, and hook/eye crimp ends, etc.
I have some gold filled and sterling wire left. Not much, but some.
I have a lot of metaphysical items, carvings, crystals, and such.
We have a lot of parts, pieces, and things from our retail days. Loose items, beads, leather, metal, etc. Things that can be used for crafting/jewelry/etc.
I have seed beads I'm trying to get rid of -- most in 10-30gram tubes. Some in bulk packs.
I have a mix of odds/ends of Swarovski crystals. Mostly bicones, but some rounds. Most 4mm, but some 3mm-8mm. Some cubes. And some shapes. I have a few bulk packs of crystals too.
I have carvings, rocks, minerals, and such. Slabs, some cabs, and pendants that make great focals for all sorts of work, from wire working to beading.
And a lot of fresh water pearls in colors and sizes.
There's much more.
And, we are wholesale priced, and willing to deal on things.

I have some pictures in my jewelry group http://meetup.com/bea...­
But the only way to really see what we have, is to stop by.

We are open today, from 10a-8pm. Thursday.
We hope to be open Saturday 10a-6pm.
I don't know what our friday hours will be yet, but you can check the calendar in the above group.
Our usual hours are thursdays 4-8pm and saturdays 1-6pm.
But we are adding hours as we can, as time starts to run out!!

Help us thin our inventory, and do yourself some good!

We are also looking for a new location, probably outside the city, we've been pointed to a lot of areas, but nothing found yet.

A former member
Post #: 1
What is the name of the shop and what is the address?
A former member
Post #: 3
(From his jewelry meet up website, I didn't even notice that was missing! So sorry!! *embarrassed*)
Pugdog's Rock & Bead Shop
and it's at 5802 Douglas St, Pittsburgh, PA. Google maps tells me it's fairly close to Mineo's Pizza Shop and Jerry's Records, just off of Murray Avenue.
PUGDOG
pugdog
Pittsburgh, PA
Post #: 499
Im sorry. I should have put that info in.

There is a public lot next to the shop so parking isn't an issue as long as you have quartets.

We are open today, Thursday, from 4-8 pm. We have a lot of lose and random stuff that can be the start or finish to your various craft projects. Metal beads from Africa. And glass and gemstone beads from around the world.

While we bill ourselves as a rock/bead shop we started out as a hobby shop and really are a craft shop with a lot of rocks and beads. Many of or regular customers come because we have such odd stuff and we always think outside the box.

Stop by before its all in storage. We are not having much luck with a new space.

Robert