Blood Drive at Waterford Lakes, June 15th, 11 a.m. - 9 p.m.
* please check in at the PintClub tent (next to the Bus) so that your donation gets credited to our secular blood donor impact.
* Bus should be near Marble Slab Creamery, behind Pier 1.
* If you have trouble finding us, call or text[masked]-9242.
* To reduce wait time, make an appointment here: https://www.oneblooddonor.org/index.cfm?group=op&expand=285415&zc=32828
* NOTE to drop-in donors: For your planning, there is usually a wait (line) between 2 and 6 p.m.
* Tips for a great donor experience: pre-hydrate, eat well about an hour before donating, and make an appointment to reduce wait time.
We haven't yet discussed the possibility of regular blood drives for the secular community, but this is a great opportunity to kick off and start making an impact.
Interested in serving on the secular blood drive committee? Send an email to [masked]. More on this coming soon. :)
ABOUT WBDD 2013
June 14th is World Blood Donor Day (WBDD), and throughout that weekend there are multiple events, outreach initiatives, and blood drives in the Central Florida.
The message of this year's 10th annual World Blood Donor Day international advocacy initiative is that every blood donation is a gift of life. Did you know that every donation (one pint) can save three lives? Every two seconds, someone needs blood - and there is no substitute - the only source is voluntary donors, like you. If all blood donors gave three times per year, blood shortages would be rare (the current average for regular blood donors is about two per year).
The need is constant and crucial every day. A blood shortage occurs any time donations fall enough to strain the buffer that blood centers maintain in order to keep hospitals supplied. This can occur either due to a disaster or simply due to a fall in donorship or a rise in demand. The blood center is responsible for making sure hospitals have adequate blood supplies at all times, especially in tragedies. We all have a responsibility to make sure we have enough blood at all times. A single car accident victim - who could be your friend, family member, child, or yourself - could need 50 units or more in order to survive. Your blood donation gives someone the gift of another sunrise, another hug, another chance. Please join us in giving the gift of life.
WBDD Site: http://www.who.int/campaigns/world-blood-donor-day/2013/en/
Find other donor opportunities: https://www.oneblooddonor.org/index.cfm?group=op
PintClub WBDD event page: http://pintclub.org/wbdd.html