addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo
A former member
Post #: 160
Could it be possible that our knowledge is limited primarily due to the fact that we may have access only to our perception of a 3, or possibly a 4, dimensional view of the universe whereas string theory postulates that there may be 11 or so dimensions that need to be dealt with. Just askin'. - James

James, I lived in Northern Arizona for a year,,,
I talked to the indians and asked many questions,,,
I walked over much of the area searching for
evidence of a 'vortex' or a 'dimension',,,
All that I was able to encounter was weird hippy
types, who were also searching.
Alas, what a disappointment.

All that I have is the scientific theory's that I started with.
Science theory's are nice; but, I would really like to have
some evidence. Along with the dimension opinion there is
usually an addition of 'Demons',,,
Well, I have never met an alien, and I would really like
to meet a 'Demon',,,
Of course, I might not live through the encounter; but,
I could consider the meeting to be sufficient proof that
Demons and Dimensions do exist. Especially the part
about traveling from one Dimension to an other.

A former member
Post #: 165

The Hidden Universe: Seeing the First Light

http://www.youtube.co...­

Astronomers peering deeply into the cosmos think they have found something remarkable the light from the first objects to form after the universe was born!

This is the Hidden Universe of the Spitzer Space Telescope, exploring the mysteries of infrared astronomy with your host, Dr. Robert Hurt.

Do you think its possible to get something from almost nothing? Dr. Sasha Kashlinsky of NASAs Goddard Spaceflight Center thinks you can. He and his team have stared deeply into the backgrounds of images from the Spitzer Space Telescope, in between all the obvious stars and galaxies. And what theyve seen may be the first objects in the Universe! According to the Big Bang theory, everything in our universe burst into being in a tremendous explosion about 13.7 billion years ago. This includes not only matter and energy, but space and time as well!

The initial afterglow soon faded and the expanding universe was filled with cooling gas clouds of hydrogen and helium. During these dark ages gravity slowly pulled the gas into filaments and clumps. After about 400 million years the densest regions lit up with the very first generation of stars.

if the first population of stars were very massive, unlike anything we see today, and it is thought on theoretical grounds that this is what they should have been, they should have produced enough light, with enough structure, that would be measurable in measurements such as what we have done here.

Such stars would have been brilliant and huge, maybe as much as 1,000 times the mass of our sun. Their nuclear furnaces forged the very first heavy elements in the universe. Supernova explosions recycled these new materials back into space giving later generations of stars the building blocks for making planets, and even people.

To look for this first population of stars, Dr. Kashlinsky and his team used a series of very deep exposures from the Spitzer Space Telescope, which stared at these small patches of sky for many long hours.

Drake W.
Sir_Drake
Orlando, FL
Post #: 19
This is a really good link which also brings up lots of collateral information in other Youtube postings.
A former member
Post #: 179

I apologize for loosing the Discussion Message place where we were discussing
the use of the word 'spiritual' or 'spirituality'.
We were discussing if it was proper for an Atheist to find a proper place in our
lives to use such words.

Here is a video by my favorite Atheist, ZOMGitsCriss, where she discusses the
use of the word 'spiritual'.
My thinking is similar to her thoughts.

http://www.youtube.co...­