The Miami Critical Mass Meetup Group Message Board › Miami-Dade Transit Bike Racks

Miami-Dade Transit Bike Racks

A former member
Post #: 10
Hey guys and gals,

idk how many of you take advantage of using Miami-Dade Transit to commute WITH your beloved bicycle, (face it, sometimes it is just too far, raining or too bloody hot to pedal all the way!) but I've noticed that lately, the racks on some of the bus lines seem to be more than a bit loose, shody and unreliable in holding any bicycle properly upright. It's as if the rack was used as some sort of battering ram against a wall, lol! Having bikes on the rack will almost guarantee some damage to one or both bikes.

I was thinking of starting a thread here where we could e-mail and/or tweet Miami-Dade Transit about the hazardous issues regarding some of the bike racks on the Bus lines or any bike/transit related issue. (I'm open to suggestions and better options!)

Basically, If you are on a bus and see a rack that should be replaced or repaired:

-Note the Bus Line and Bus Number (usually to the right of the height sticker of the Bus)

-Note brief description of the rack problem.

Then, we could all e-mail or tweet Miami-Dade Transit about the problem so that they don't 'forget' one bicyclist complaint.

Using the above explanation, I'll post the first one:

PROBLEM: Rack is very loose. First rack lock arm does not hold bicycle securely. Second rack has bicycle dangerously bouncing on rack.

Come on Bicyclists, Participate! get active! Don't be a Zombie!

EDIT: Bus number correction after chkng my notes