The Miami Critical Mass Meetup Group Message Board › Anyone in Kendall ???

Anyone in Kendall ???

A former member
Post #: 3
I forgot to add guys that it's set for Sunday 10 AM
A former member
Post #: 6
12 would be cool to get some sleep =)
A former member
Post #: 4
We were initially shooting for 8 AM, I think the idea is get to get back shortly after noon or whenever but not too late.
A former member
Post #: 18
Hey guys I live in South Miami and you'll be riding right by my house, I'm down. (ok - I'm going out on Saturday night so if I don't make it this time I'll be there for sure the next).
Andy R.
AndyRodriguez
Miami, FL
This is awesome, i have been thinking of a Kendall group for a while ... thanks for starting this thread folks ...

@Renee, were you replying to me?

I have plans this weekend, so unfortunately will not be joining however i'm up nomally for any day and time. I have a home based buss so im in the area constantly ...

I find that afternoon rides, (6pm - 9pm) are nice, you do need lights though. I love heading south on the busway, can get in as mnay miles as you care for and good training.

I'm also up for early am rides if anyone is available, (7am - 9am).

During the day, well, i can ride but the natives (clients) get restless : -)
A former member
Post #: 5
here is the full event description from my fb.

Join us for a Sunday morning bike ride through West Kendall and Killian arriving at a rewarding scenic park/beach and beautiful site, Matheson Hammocks Park. We plan on arriving well before noon, and having lunch together at the park. Please pack whatever you may desire to eat for lunch, along with anything else you'd like to bring such as beach gear, and fun items to go along with the trip. Please bring something to hydrate yourself with during the bike ride such as water, Gatorade, or a mixture of both. Feel free to bring a friend as well!

ETD - Approximately 10:00 AM

ETA - Approximately 12:00-12:30 PM (We will continue a pace for slow riders)

Total Trip Distance - 27.2 Miles (13.6 each way)

Matheson Hammocks Park is a lovely scenic park with an unusual feature--a man-made atoll pool, which is flushed naturally with the tidal action of nearby Biscayne Bay. Its tranquil breeze-swept beach is a haven for families who enjoy its warm, safe waters and beautiful waterside views. The park also has a full-service marina, snack bar and restaurant built into an historic coral rock building, picnic pavilions and nature trails. Matheson also contains a sailing and power boat school.

Click here to view the Matheson Hammock Marina website for more details.

http://www.miamidade....­

Here is the google maps link of the trip turn by turn.
http://maps.google.co...­

As the date nears, I will message everyone considering the event and set the meeting place. By default it is set at the Miccosukee Golf Course Entrance.
A former member
I cannot join on Sunday mornings. If you have future plans for Sunday afternoons I would be happy to join.
Renee S.
reneeskuban
Miami, FL
Post #: 6
Sundays are perfect.

I'm considering the Matheson ride. I'll check Facebook.
A former member
Post #: 40
I live in Kendale Lakes, right by the golf course... It's nice, but it's just a couple of loops, gets boring really fast. I did the ride to Matheson from Sunset last Saturday and it was pretty cool. No entrance fee for cyclists!!! If you're doing that, take drinks and snacks. There's only one food joint inside the park, prices are decent although we didn't eat there, the place is cash only.

I'm down to ride anytime. Park hopping in this area can be fun, sometimes I hit the Kendale Lakes lanes, then go south to the Hammocks paved trails, continue South to Tamiami airport and find some other way to return passing through all the little parks in the area.

Not a morning person –especially on the weekend– so evening rides work best for me.
Andy R.
AndyRodriguez
Miami, FL
Post #: 4
I live in Kendale Lakes, right by the golf course... It's nice, but it's just a couple of loops, gets boring really fast.

Did the 4.5 mile loop yesterday, 4 times around plus the travel distance, put in 30 miles ... agreed on boring ... if not for the ducks and the flower vendor along the way, well ... i do enjoy the sunset though ...