addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Miami Critical Mass Meetup Group Message Board › Is your bike the only mode of transportation ??

Is your bike the only mode of transportation ??

A former member
Post #: 14
It is for me biggrin how about you ?
A former member
Post #: 14
Got a car, rarely used, so yea, my bike's my main form of transportation, along with the occasional bus ride.
Munirah, The Danci...
MunirahBijan
Miami, FL
Post #: 13
Absolutely. It was car or college. Easy Pass for metrorail and bus when averting unnecessary traffic, danger in high risk situations or to speed up commute. I also have a Zipcar pass when I need to rent for a few hours to do something important. Jackson memorial and University of Miami main campus have Zipcars. If I'm lucky, I can borrow a car from a friend as needed for heavy loads to the store for dog items, lots of laundry, or garden trips to the nursery.
A former member
Post #: 1
Yes. My bike is my only means of transport besides the bus and Metrorail. Where I used to live, it was too hilly for practical biking so when I moved to Miami a year or so ago, I discovered a wonderful new freedom in being able to rely on my bike for most things. I feel for the first time like it must feel like to be able to drive. I'm in my 50's so this is a whole new fun way of life after years of being tied to the bus routes! Taking the bus or walking usually takes twice as long as biking. I have never had a driver's license due to vision problems. I'm having a ball. love struck
A former member
Post #: 16
Nice to see that I am not the only one you know =) I used the bus as well and its great I spend alotta time on the outside instead of being incarcerated at home, on the way to work, at work, on the way home and at home =)
Steve
stvmia
Miami, FL
Post #: 3
finally found someone else!! All right, i'm with u on that!!!! And proud of it!!!!
Vi
luv2rideMiami
Miami, FL
Post #: 21
finally found someone else!! All right, i'm with u on that!!!! And proud of it!!!!
used to be when i first got to miami in 72. it was great. was able to tell what time it was by the possition of the sun. wind and rain were just a minor inconveniences. hardly any traffic.
then i got a car. that was the beginning of the end. i've been so busy speeding through traffic i've missed miami's transition into adulthood. it's nice to get out and smell the roses!