addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Miami Critical Mass Meetup Group Message Board › Carpool to Gov't Center or a good route from Westchester?

Carpool to Gov't Center or a good route from Westchester?

A former member
Post #: 1
Hey guys, this is kind of last minute:
I'm new to the area, and looking for a safe route or a carpool to the Gov't Center from Westchester (SW 102 Ave & Coral Way) for tomorrow's Bike Miami ride. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!
Steve
stvmia
Miami, FL
Post #: 5
Drive East on Coral Way to 27th Ave. Be careful to follow signs through Coral Gables. If you loose Coral Way, which becomes Miracle Mile for a stretch, it's o.k., just get back on and keep going East to 27th Ave.

Take a right at 27th Ave (your going South now). About 1 mile down, on your right side will be a Metrorail Station (Coconut Grove Metrorail Station). It costs $4 to park. You can take your bike on the train, go North to Government Center Station and as you exit the station, you'll see everyone downstairs in the plaza... Good luck!
A former member
Post #: 2
Thanks, Steve!
Wow, no bike route. Bummer. Guess I better figure out the bus routes then. And advocate some bike lanes!
Steve
stvmia
Miami, FL
Post #: 6
well, you'll get yr biking in once u get there. I'm used to always trying to incorporating bus and MetroRail components into my biking, since I always get enough biking in based on my dependence of it as my sole mode of transportation. Yes, you could always bike there if that's yr aim. But most people aren't comfortable riding in traffic, so I don't usually recommend it. Personally, I wish more people would ride in traffic. This "separate but equal" bike lane stuff doesn't further the awareness bikers must exercise nor expose drivers to the equal-access rights of bikers. OR, you could alway take the bus on Coral Way (#24) all the way East to the Gov't Center Metrorail: http://www.miamidade....­