addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Cleveland Cross-Cultural Meetup Group Message Board › Volunteers needed for an ESL Summer Camp (Lakewood)

Volunteers needed for an ESL Summer Camp (Lakewood)

Ramona W.
user 44322512
Cleveland, OH
Post #: 1
Hi Everyone!

I'm not sure how appropriate it is to post this request here since it's not exactly a Meetup. However, I'm volunteering for Asian Services In Action's ESL Summer Camp as a practicum for my TESOL/TEFL certification and we need more volunteers. These smart and adorable kids that we are teaching this summer are refugees and immigrants from Nepal, Thailand, Sudan, Syria, and Iran. The work is not hard. It's as simple as maybe reading a book to a kindergartner or eating lunch with 4th & 5th graders, or playing outside with 2nd graders, or helping middle and high school students with class projects. We operate Monday through Friday 8:30 - 4 pm and you can volunteer as much or as little time as you want. If you happen to speak Arabic, Karen, or Nepali you're extremely needed for translating or one-on-one tutoring.

The only requirement is that you have a background check which is pretty much standard for working with children nowadays. (and rightfully so).

If you have the time or interest please message me if you are interested. This is a great way to learn more about different cultures.

Thanks for reading.

Ramona