Cleveland Cross-Cultural Meetup Group Message Board › June Cross Cultural Events
We are knee deep in festival season-hopefully we get a few for the German Fest on June 14th (you can also attend the 15th-but our meetup is the 15th), and I'll be posting two more tonight. But there are at least 6 events in June I cant make if someone is interested in being an event host.
1) If you didnt get enough of the Greek Festival in Tremont St. Demetrious in Rocky River http://www.saintdemet... is having their Greek Festival June 20th-23rd. If not we have a 2cd Greek Festival Later this summer.
2) On June 8th if you are near the Cleveland Parish Hall just East of Cleveland Public Theatre from 12:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m The Hispanic Cultural Center is hosting an art benefit sale to support the Amigas Program at MetroHealth! Philanthropic Arts Supporting Medicine, Art Show and Sale
Featuring the Art of: Maria de Jesus Paz, Alejandro Rivera, Jose Vasquez, Hector Castellanos, Maria Pujana, M.D.
3) African History Month Sakofa Umoja (Unity) Parade is an event I'm very sorry to not be able to schedule. Its held Noon to 8:00 PM at Voinovich Park.
the parade will start at noon and the festival begins at 1:00.
Parade starts at E. 13th and Superior and Steps off at 12 noon. The parade will travel W/B to 9th St. and then N/B on 9th st into Voinovich Park.
Some of the parade participants Include: Shaw High School Band, All City Drumine, The Buffalo Soldiers, The 5th Infantry Soldiers, The Choctaw Indians,
The Black Drag Racers, El- Hasa Temple, Glenville Band, Tuskegee Airmen, Monster Truck, Mr. Brewers Wheel Standing Dragster and More. The parade will end at Voinovich Park.
There will be fun and games, entertainment, vendors and food! All in celebration of African History month.
4) Father's Day in The Russian Cultural Gardens Gardens on MLK Blvd-2 pm - 4 pm
Father's Day in the Russian Garden - first Annual picnic. Delicious Russian appetizers from the best local restaurants, art, music, and fun! Plan to come and bring your friends and family. Parking along MLK and at the Rockefeller Park Greenhouse.
5) The Ohio Scottish Games are going on June 20-22cd of in Lorain. http://www.ohioscotti...
6) If you feel like heading West the http://www.loraininte... Lorain International Festival has a lot going on the last week of June. Plan on spending some money here though.
7) If you want to go East over in Lake county there is the Ohio Celtic Festival http://www.ohioceltic... June 28th-30th. Plan on spending some money here as well.