add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Cleveland Cross-Cultural Meetup Group Message Board › Saturday - Nov. 21 Peruvian Banquet and Silent Auction to Benefit Village in

Saturday - Nov. 21 Peruvian Banquet and Silent Auction to Benefit Village in Cusco, Peru

A former member
Post #: 26
Hi everybody. I'd like to share an amazing fundraiser event. I am not organizing this activity, I have been invited to it, and as a Peruvian I am deeply moved by the generosity and solidarity of this group of healthcare workers and medical students from Cleveland Clinic/Case Western university. I am sharing the information with you at the request of their organizers. Hope you can make it.

$25.00 per person, includes a wonderful Peruvian banquet, $5 towards participation in Silent Auction with Peruvian crafts, an informative presentation about the Lamay project, and opportunity to help improve the Clinic of Lamay, in Cusco, Peru.

At 100th and Carnegie, Cleveland, OH 44195 US
When: Saturday, November 21, 6:00PM Add to my iCal Calendar

Tickets are $25/$15 students! Please email jacquelinetchu at gmail dot com for tickets!
Enjoy a night of Peruvian culture, learn about our experiences from the Lamay Clinic Project and learn how you can get involved.

Students from CCLCM have dedicated months to building a safe, sustainable clinic in the Sacred Valley of Peru: the Lamay Clinic Project. With the support of CCLCM deans and especially the Endocrine and Metabolism Institute, our physicians and students worked side-by-side with community leaders and health workers to treat over 1000 patients with acute and chronic ailments in July.

6:00 PM - Appetizers and Bidding begin
7:30 PM - Dinner is served with a brief informational presentation about the Lamay Clinic
8:30 PM - Auction winners are announced

About the Project:
The students at the Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine came together with the NGO Peruvian Hearts to aid in the improvement of health care in the rural town of Lamay ( Peruvian Hearts ( was founded by a student, Ana Dodson, who was born in Peru and adopted by a family from the US. She began Peruvian Hearts when she was 11 years old and she has raised over $150,000 to support orphans and children living in poverty in Peru over the past 5 years. It is a non-religious, non-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of children through nutrition, education and now, health care.

Lamay is about an hour from Cusco, in a beautiful but poor area called the Sacred Valley. It has a few thousand residents, many of whom are students who hike in from the surrounding hills to attend elementary school there during the year. The Lamay Clinic also does outreach to the surrounding mountain villages which do not have any services whatsoever.

Last summer was the first cooperation of these two groups as physicians and students worked side-by-side with community leaders and health workers to treat both acute and chronic ailments for one month. Additionally, the group met with members of the town to discuss their future needs and goals. From this, came the goals of this fundraiser: To return yearly, bringing supplies and staff; to raise funds for a mobile clinic; to help found a women's and children's domestic violence shelter. This is an entirely grassroots effort from the students and the townspeople of Lamay, relying entirely on the generous donations of companies and individuals. We would greatly appreciate your support!