addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Crowdcentric Network: Crowdsourcing & Crowdfunding Message Board › Preparing for Crowdfunding Campaign Building Workshop - Session I @ Showbiz

Preparing for Crowdfunding Campaign Building Workshop - Session I @ Showbiz

Stella M.
user 53023552
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Hello Crowdies,

I hope everyone enjoyed their holidays. Happy New Year! Let's make good things happen. See what Patrick Stewart (okay, his meme) has to say :)

We have scheduled the first session of this special Meetup workshop for January 24th. We intend to have follow-up sessions on a weekly basis in order to help you fully build your crowdfunding campaigns. Please take note of the following:

• If you are unable to attend, please change your RSVP status so someone else can take your spot. We will try to accommodate everyone currently on the waitlist but we will confirm this in the coming days.
  • The workshops will be conducted by my co-organizer Michael Helman and myself. We intend to invite guest speakers during the course of these workshops with special expertise in various areas of creating and managing successful crowdfunding campaigns.
  • These will be hands-on classes during which you will build your campaigns at crowdzu.com. This means you will need a laptop, netbook or tablet. Internet access will be provided by Showbiz. If you need to use one of our (Showbiz) computers, please send me an email through here or write to stella@crowdzu.com and we will reserve computers for the first FIVE people who make this request. Everyone else will have to bring their own. Power outlets will also be provided by Showbiz.
  • Make sure you have taken the time to build a large social media base (primarily Facebook friends and Twitter followers). Now is also a good time to gather your friends' email addresses or phone numbers.
  • Have a clear idea of what you will be raising money for. Your project can be entrepreneurial, creative or social in nature. Please contact me if you have any questions about the suitability of your idea for crowdfunding.
  • Understand that this is rewards-based crowdfunding. So you will NOT be offering any equity or ownership stake in your project or business. We will discuss ideas for rewards specific to your campaigns during the course of the workshops.
  • If at all possible, please prepare/create an image with an aspect ratio of 16:9 that represents your campaign which will be used as your lead image. This image should be at least 618 pixels wide by 348 pixels high.
  • If you have taken the time to document your idea bring this information along too. If you are reserving a computer through us, you can simply email the files you need to yourself and retrieve them during the workshop.
  • And last but not least, please feel free to email me at any time either through here or via my personal email address listed above with any related questions you may have.

See you on Thursday, January 24th at 6pm @ Showbiz Store and Cafe (Main Floor, 19 West 21st Street - Between 5th & 6th Avenue)!

Stella