Raw Food Information Page
Interested in the raw food movement? Here are some websites and books to get you started! If you have any questions, please ask me! - Lisa Lansing
Raw Food websites:
www.youtube.com - An excellent resource for mini "cooking" shows, recipes, and more. I recommend searching for the following individuals:
- Ani Phyo - has an excellent easy-to-use cookbook and a cooking channel on youtube.
- David Wolfe - raw food nutrition guru, has lots of videos and interviews on youtube.
- Jenna - SuperChargeMe is the name of her channel. She also has lots of fun raw food videos.
- Kevin Gianni - Kevin Gianni's Renegade Health show. He and his wife are raw foodists, and they shoot 10 min. shows every day.
There is endless
information online about the raw food movement. Just search for "raw food" in Google and you will have SO MANY websites to visit!
Some of my Favorite Books:
Most of the books include the authors' personal stories about their reasons for converting to a raw food diet. Those stories can be the most interesting part of the book, and the most motivating!
- 12 Steps to Raw Foods - Victoria Boutenko - Helpful guide explaining how to transition to a raw food diet. Victoria Boutenko started the green smoothie revolution! She also has other books: Raw Family, and Green for Life.
- Eat to Live - Dr. Joel Fuhrman - This book isn't about a 100% raw food diet, but he strongly advocates a diet primarily of fruits and vegetables while avoiding processed food. He thoroughly explains why eating large amounts of animal products are harmful to the body.
- The Juicing Book - Stephen Blauer - A complete guide to the juicing of fruits and vegetables for maximum health and vitality.
- Juice Fasting and Detoxification - Steve Meyerowitz - Information guide to juicing, lots of juice recipes, also explains the concept of detoxing.
- Ani's Raw Food Kitchen - Ani Phyo - Easy and DELICIOUS raw food recipes. Most ingredients can be found at a store like EarthFare. The least intimidating raw food recipe book I've found.
- Raw Food Real World - Matthew Kenney and Sarma Melngailis - Huge cookbook filled with delicious recipes. The recipes are a little more "gourmet style" and difficult. They require more preparation and time.
- RAW the Uncook Book - Juliano - This book is filled with gorgeous pictures and reipes. The recipes include many ingredients and are more difficult.
- The Raw Truth - Jeremy Safron - This doesn't have as many pictures, but it contains a very detailed list about EVERY single raw food you can think of, including herbs, produce, nuts, seeds, and everything else in between. The recipes vary in difficulty.
- Naked Chocolate - David Wolfe and Shazzie - This book is ALL about raw chocolate and why it is the world's greatest food. It has lots of yummy raw chocolate recipes.
- Raw in Ten Minutes - Bryan Au - Despite the title of this book, some of these recipes take longer than 10 minutes. :)
- RAWvolution - Matt Amsden - This is the 2nd easiest recipe book I have found. Most of the recipes don't have a lot of ingredients. Some of the measurements can be a bit off, so don't take the recipes too literally. Use the recipes as guidance and create something entirely your own!
- The Raw Gourmet - Nomi Shannon - Just full of recipes!
There are so MANY great raw food books out there! You can find most of these books at Borders or Barnes & Noble in the vegetarian cookbook section.