addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

CT Web Innovators Group Message Board › Topics for meetings

Topics for meetings

user 8720652
Vernon Rockville, CT
Post #: 8
I had gotten an email suggesting that we have topics for the meetings so I'm going to use this thread so people can suggest ideas.

These were the suggestions people had come up with at the last meeting. If anyone would like to nominate one for the September Meetup please do so.

-web hosting
- frameworks (Plone, Rails)
- the web stack (from the browser all the way down to the
server and back)
- past projects
- current projects
- tools
- sites
- news and rumors
- help people work through problems
- more formal presentations by subject matter experts
Steve Y.
user 5272137
Hartford, CT
Post #: 1
I know I have interest in learning more about JQuery. You didnt list it in the frameworks though.

Another idea would be to incorporate a few of these into the meetup
Start with ~15 minutes to talk about news and rumors. Small talk. Ice breakers, kills time while people trickle in.

Main meetup topic

End the meeting with a call to help people work through problems. Maybe spend another 15 minutes on it.
In this way, if its a detailed answer it can run over and not impact other people or monopolize the conversation if its a really niche problem.