Culti Group Den Bosch, Eindhoven, Nijmegen and Venlo Area Message Board Group Forum › Culti Newsletter 18/8 MEETUP TIPS ( And Greg Shapiro talks with Tony Law,

Culti Newsletter 18/8 MEETUP TIPS ( And Greg Shapiro talks with Tony Law, Who are the Least Dutch Dutchies, More )

Culti A.
user 13771003
Landsmeer, NL
Hi There,
Once again I say THANKS for checking this mail!  In the first part of this mail, in the agenda, you will find the Meetups Tips for the week to come in and around Amsterdam. These tips focus on Daytrips, Language events and Social Events only
In the next part of this mail, you will find The Specials and the Ongoing polls.
Plus in the last part of this mail, you will find links to the stories which have been published on the boards of the Free Speech Zone of the Amsterdam Area Culti Group.
After the CULTI NEWSLETTER had been sent out, THAN as far as it concerns Culti Groups Events, we are talking about the meetups that are pushed from the IDEA FASE to the realization FASE.... Or. in normal English: "No more changes after monday"). But this concerns Culti Group Events only.
EVENTS THE FRIENDS OF CULTI GROUP SHOULD KNOW ABOUT
>>>>>> This WEDNESSDAY <<<<<<
Utrecht, 8PM, Language: LCU Weekly Meeting
>>>>>>> This THURSDAY <<<<<<<
Amsterdam, 7:30PM, Social: Expat Dinner
Amsterdam, 8,30PM, Language: Open Air Film Rambleras[/url]
>>>>>>>> This FRIDAY <<<<<<<<
Eindhoven, 7:30PM, Social: Dinner at Vintage
Leiden, 9PM, Social: Drinks­
Den Bosch, 9:30PM: Drinks­
Amsterdam, 10PM, Social: Friend of Culti Group Drinks[/url]
>>>>>>> This SATURDAY <<<<<<
Amsterdam, 5:30PM, Daytrip: Leiden and Utrecht Railroadtrip
Leiden, 7:15PM, Social: Drinks/Daytrip: Leiden and Utrecht Drinks
Utrecht, 10PM. Drinks: Utrecht Drinks
>>>>>>> This SUNDAY <<<<<<<<
Amsterdam, 5:30PM, Language: Dutch / English Language Exchange
>>>>>>>>> SPECIALS <<<<<<<<<<­<
Greg Shapiro, Amsterdams Best Comediant as far as it concerns English at least, has been to Glasgow, for work, for some comedy event. While being there, he had a chat with Tony Law. Check it out on You Tube.
>>>>>>>>> POLLS <<<<<<<<<<­<<<
The  Poll­ on the Weekly Story . Leading opinion: "I like being able to read stories, so please go on" => http://www.meetup.com/cultiA/polls/1117592/­
The Pollon Pictures. Leading opinion: "Great Idea! Let's do it! Please make certain the pictures are nice ones." => http://www.meetup.com/cultiA/polls/1117592/­
>>>>> THE WEEKLY STORY - WHO ARE THE LEAST DUTCH DUTCHIES ? <<<<
Yesterday I had a conversation about multi cultural issues with a friend. We talked  about how getting used to the multi cultural changes went down in The UK, In The Netherlands and in Germany.
Ones again I noticed how strange live is in The Netherlands. All kinds of stuff take place in the UK and Germany the local press tells us NOTHING about. But the Dutch press tells us a lot about whatever takes places in the US.
The tragical death of a teenager in Saint Louis Area, US, got a LOT of coverage in the Dutch Press. Even though it might have costed me some support, I didn't shut up in the situation where Israël and therefor nationalistic Jewish people were under attack - in fact I will write an article later in which I will ask amongst many other the question how people in their right mind consider the shameful terroristic attack on Dresden in 1945 as aprovable, but were in the opinion the not terroristic but rather ruthless attacks on Gaza in this year were NOT aprovabale.
Sure one can have the opinion that BOTH attacks are wrong, but if this years Gaza war was not aprovable, than finding the  1945 attack on Dresden aprovable for me means razing my eyebrows. BTW - in my opinion both attacks were wrong.
If the topic comes up I will ask my Israeli friends to not vote for Netanyahu anymore. Still I have been smelling a LOT of double standards and therefor I have smelled anti semitism in the last weeks. I don't like that smell at all. And I will support Israël for life - but I will never support Netanyahu. Or ruthless attacks were less ruthless attacks are possible - this difference made the war inhumane from both sides.
On the death of that poor kid in the states... "If you're black you might as well not show up on the street". Stats have indicated police agents in Saint Louis in general are racists. If correct - IF CORRECT! - than it's INDEED not save to walk on the streets there. If you are black and innocent than you get harrested by the police because you are black. And If you did something bad but not very bad, you get shot. Because you are black.
This are heavy words, but if indeed there is a racist policeforce somewhere, than that's where you will find policeguy emptying their guns without having any reason than the color of skin of the suspect. That's NOT right - it's not just wrong - it's downright EVIL.
But yesterday I didn't talk about this event at all - I was hearing a lot of stories about the UK I never heared before, where rivers of curry are more popular than rivers of blood. Let the immigrants stay.... And leave the be, let them integrate, let them work, let them create... Rivers of Curry!
In 1968 lots of people in the UK already came to that conclusion!!! Which as far as I know was only some decades after mass immigration started there. The UK seems to have dealed with these issues. If correct, than: Good job UK! Because this is not easy.
But WHY WHY WHY do people in the US still have issues with each other 400 years after European and African people moved or were moved to North America? What's different there? But also: why does everything that happens there gets SO much coverage in The Netherlands? The US News is already the same for 400 years anyway! That's not news anymore.
Me and my friend also talked about the Gaza Strip War - we disagreed on the attack being ruthless ( my opinion ) or genocide ( his opinion ). I had no problems with his opinion at all, other than the fact I think it's the wrong word to use. But he lost some Jewish friends... Well... Are people that don't accept your opinion friends anyway? I'd say as long as the arguments are valid, friends can stay. And if not maybe also.
As long as I don't smell any hate, I'm easy. But I'm Dutch - in The Netherlands we have 400 years of experience with open debate. ( Outside the Netherlands Dutch people did terrible things).
We also talked about the integration issue in Germany - there has never been a proper debate there or so it seems. In Germany there is VERY little freedom of opinion if your opinion is radical. So I have been told. If correct, than this is wrong - than some day integration issues might blow up in your face. Also there wont be healthy pressure on newcomers to respect the people that are already there. Of course people that are already there at certain moment will start very critical if this doesn't happen. But what do I know? The Dutch News is 20 minutes - and it's mainly about The NL's and The US... If I'd only watch they news, than I'd have no idea what goes on on 2 hours tarvel distance from the town where I life!
The  story I wrote however is about the life I don't only see on the TV and read in the newspapers - it's about the life in front of me - in the area where I can check facts myselve and where my story might be of added value to readers. The story of which I am publishing the first part this week is called "The Least Dutch Dutchies."
This week there is GOOD News too: there is reason to believe that in The NL's, racism and xenofobism took a strong hit: Wilders his battle of hate versus minorities in The NL's seems lost. Lots of Dutch people kind of lost interest when it comes to listening to Geert Wilders his "'theories" on society. Because all Geert Wilders has to offer is hate. Plus, minorities are less of a problem all the time anyway - that's the best cure against hate btw. Dealing with problems, in stead of exploiting them.
Most likely the new issue in The Netherlands will be "nationalism" versus "internationalism" - we already saw this development in the UK and France, I'd say in The Netherlands the way the EU is right now ( and not the Islam or certain ethical groups) will be under pressure in the years to come. But Wilders is over the top. And that's good news indeed.
This week only a small part of the story is published - it mainly is about explaining what the story is about. More will follow next week. Read more here => http://www.meetup.com/cultiA/messages/boards/forum/17668242­
And enjoy your week :)