Chippewa Valley League of Heroic Role Players Message Board › Some gaming!

Some gaming!

Closed to new replies

Kyle C.
Straight.Edge
Chippewa Falls, WI
Post #: 9
Hey guys, I won't be able to do the monthly meetup due to work obligations, but I'd still very much like to get into some gaming. Anything, really (except maybe 4e). As a massive fan of Lovecraft, I've been wanting to try some CoC. I'm quite familiar with DnD 3.5. Pathfinder seems similar enough for that to be an easy pickup. And I'm also interested in Flames of War (a tabletop game) if anyone wants to do that. Just /something./ When I moved up here, I left my nerds behind, and my inner nerd has been screaming to get out.
Jesse T.
user 60984502
Eau Claire, WI
Post #: 1
Welcome Kyle.
There are no open games going quite yet. At least not that I know of. I think Mark­ posted on the EC Gamming Facebook group which is Here­, about getting some Pathfinder Society groups started.
At the last meetup this here Fella­ mentioned that he would like to get a group together for the playing of “Rifts”.
I don’t have a group myself and don’t have the time to run one at the moment. I may be looking to run Some Savage Worlds after the new year.
Message around this group and the FB group to see what you can find. If there are any new developments as a result of the next meetup I’ll post them here for those who couldn't make it.
Kyle C.
Straight.Edge
Chippewa Falls, WI
Post #: 16
Thanks for the reply! I'm quite averse to getting a FB for multiple reasons, so I think I'll cripple myself and stick to this group only until I can find something.
Brian C.
B.J.Christianson
Wausau, WI
Post #: 3
I don't do Facebook, either.

Anyway, I'm always up for some Pathfinder myself. I always wanted to try GURPS. Got some books, but haven't had a chance to actually play.

I've been thinking about running some Alternity quick plays, if I can find the time.
Kyle C.
Straight.Edge
Chippewa Falls, WI
Post #: 21
If we can get a few more people in, I'd be happy to host. Or join. Or anything just to get playing again.
Paul W.
madisondork
Eau Claire, WI
Post #: 36
If the time works I'd be up for anything. Especially Pathfinder
Kyle C.
Straight.Edge
Chippewa Falls, WI
Post #: 22
Most excellent! And I just really met my new neighbors today, and I really think they're up for something too. It'll take a few weeks as they are VERY busy with some stuff right now, but that there is an entire gaming group!

What days and times are you guys usually available (nothing specific, but generally)?

I'm a night shifter that works during the week, so really the only time I'll be able to is on the weekends. Maybe Friday night if that works for other people, because I only work Monday through Thursday most of the time.
Paul W.
madisondork
Eau Claire, WI
Post #: 37
Sunday night is really the only time we have available (maybe Friday night after my wife doesn't have to work till 7 on weekdays, next year). We live on the north side near Hwy 312 and Jeffers. Plenty of gaming space if we want to have it here occasionally :)
Kyle C.
Straight.Edge
Chippewa Falls, WI
Post #: 23
Excellent. I'll start talking to people about Sunday night, then.
Brian C.
B.J.Christianson
Wausau, WI
Post #: 4
I have a 7:30-4 weekday shift. Sunday nights not really good unless it is Sunday evening and wraps up by 9:30.

In general, I would prefer Friday or Saturday nights, though I do tend to visit my family in La Crosse about one weekend a month or so, so I wouldn’t be available every weekend.