addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Washington Czech Language Meetup Group Message Board › Change of date to this months Meetup

Change of date to this months Meetup

Roman K.
Washington, DC
Ahoj Members of Czech Meetup!

After a sad December with the loss of Vaclav Havel, life has to a new year. I wish you all a pleasant one.

I hate to start the new year with a change of plans but I will be out of town on January 28th and so I will be forced to change the date for the Czech meetup this month. In order to avoid having two meetups in February, I will bump the new meetup to January 21s, a week from today.Same time and place as the previous meetup (7:30 at Veranda). I am sorry about the short notice, but I have to be in New York that weekend. I believe we could limit changes like this to a minimum if there were additional organizers for the Czech meetup. If anyone would like to participate in organizing the Czech meetups, please let me know. I would be happy to have some additional help for times like this, when I can't make it to set up an event. It would also be nice to have someone to come up with some fresh new ideas. Please let me know if you are interested.

Having said this, Veranda will be serving goulash and knedliky as a special. Musical instruments are encouraged. After 10 we are allowed sing Czech songs as long as the place is open. I hope to see you there. I alway enjoy meeting newcomers and those who have a tradition of frequenting our events. So please come! We can drink a toast to Havel's memory. He was a great man.