Let's stop talking and start coding! We're going to arrange the first Czech Scala Enthusiasts Coding Dojo.
We're going to code a simple application for sharing Scala resources:
- A visitor may submit a URL to any Scala-related resource he considers helpful with a comment.
- Visitors may browse the links and rate them.
- Visitors may subscribe to an RSS channel of submitted links.
The application was deliberately designed to be that simple to be done in one or a couple of sessions. Should you have any other idea for application (of the same simplicity), don't hesitate to contact Karel Smutny. It's not carved in stone... yet, but it will be two weeks in advance so a backlog of user stories describing the application could be published via Pivotal Tracker.
We're going to learn:
- Creating Play2 application from scratch,
- Work with play console,
- Using git with GitHub,
- TDD (used framework to be decided on site),
- Using database (mapping framework to be decided on site),
- AJAX with jQuery,
- Scala XML library (standard or Anti-XML, to be decided on site),
- Deploying to Heroku.
We start with two hours timebox a decide on site to extend it or plan another session, depending on how exhausted we would be.
Everyone would be welcome to sit at the keyboard as a driver or navigator (see RandoriKata on the Coding Dojo page).
Come please between 6:30PM and 6:55PM so we can start on time. Bring your own refreshment, it might be a long night :)
Let's have some fun!