Many of us are studying Martin Odersky's popular "Functional Programming in Scala" (progfun) Coursera course taking place these days, and many of us are eager to share their approach to the homework assignments.
Let's meet and
- share your past homework assignments (i.e. already closed for submission),
- discuss the functional approach,
- provide tips for getting the most from the course, and,
- practice with some more exercises we will prepare for you.
Since all of the students are bound with the Coursera Code of Honor, we will only cover assignments already closed for submission at the time, i.e.:
- higher order functions, tail-recursion, currying, and,
- data and abstraction.
Bring your own notebooks, this is not gonna be a tea party.
You're welcome to come even if you are not a progfun student. We will cover functional programming basics. This might be a great opportunity to start if you haven't already.
We expect to meet again once the course ends to cover the rest of its agenda.
Looking forward to see you!