For the new players:
The Player Handbook 1 pdf is perma-linked on the Discussion board. Here are some other resources to help you understand the races and classes better as you begin to build characters:
The link below is the best free 4e character creation tool I can find. It's kinda simple looking, but you can print your character sheet and ability pages.
Here are some guidelines:
• Start w/ any level 5 race and class combination.
• One weapon item with +2 or less. Max item level is 10.
• One non-magical shield or weapon item
• One level 6 set of magical armor
• Any neck slot item with +1 magic
• You have 1 Adventurer's kit
• You have 840 gold to buy whatever you want.
Check out Mordenkainen's Magnificent Emporium, a resource for available common and uncommon items to add to your characters.
We will just assume you each have an adventurer's kit and some healing potions, we can note those on Tuesday. Read more about uploading and posting your character sheets here
• http://dnd4.com/phb#29 will give you some options and a reference as you build your character with the ibis tool.
• Follow the build rules please, the UI will tell you if you're doing anything wrong :)
You should be able to find more info on google if you need it.
D&D Insider has the best tools and the complete 4e information. Unfortunately, you have to pay $10 for a 1 month subscription. It's cheaper for a longer term subscription.
What to bring
• Your printed character sheets, we want to keep this analog.
• A pencil w/ an eraser and some extra paper.
• A set of 7 die dice! You can get these online or somewhere like Gamestop.
• Player Handbooks and miniatures if you have them.
We have some really great people with a lot of experience in this group. Please feel free to ask questions on this thread or in the Discussion area. You will only get great advice.
Hope to see you soon!