addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Dayton Diode Message Board › Maker Fair/STEAM Festival

Maker Fair/STEAM Festival

A former member
Post #: 6
Hello, my name is Cheyenne and I am an intern for Conner Prairie in Fischers, IN. I didn't know how else to contact your group but we are looking for hackerspaces that would be interested as a group to participate at our STEAM innovation fair. If this is something your group would be interested in please let me know. You can give me a call at 317-776-6000 X223. Thanks!

A former member
Post #: 1
Cheyenne,

Thanks for the invite. Can you tell us a little bit more about the fair? When is it, and what other groups will be coming to participate?

-J
A former member
Post #: 8
I sure can!

Conner Prairie is introducing a STEAM-themed innovation fair on Saturday and Sunday, September 15-16. As with our 2011 Indy Mini Maker Faire, our STEAM-themed innovation fair will include some of the region’s most creative makers, as well as scientists, technologists, engineers, and artisans who will showcase their work. We want to showcase Science Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math (STEAM!).

A key component of the innovation fair will be the Makers Pavilion. Makers will be invited to interact with our guests and exhibit their creations in the context of innovation. Builds will be diverse and might range from food demos, robotics to textiles. Over the two day fair, the Maker Pavilion will demonstrate how makers exemplify the tenacious spirit of innovation regardless of the scale in which they work.

We are inviting hackerspaces to come as a group and each hackerspace would have their own tent. So far I believe Dorkbot is on board, and possibly Club Cyberia. We will also have individuals who are makers that will be attending as well so it makes for a great opportunity to meet new people with new skills! Here at Conner Praire we get quite an audience and we had great attendance for our Mini Maker Fair last year.

Please let me know if you have anymore questions. Like I said my number is 317-776-6000 or you can email me at burgess(at)connerprairie.org and then I can send you our form to fill out to get you signed up!
Hope to hear from you