Drupal is the world’s leading open source enterprise content management system (ECMS). Many of the world’s top brands are leveraging Drupal to build advanced, engaging sites at a fraction of the cost of traditional ECMS. While Drupal is free and open source, there is a significant learning curve to unleashing its power. Let’s solve that problem!
Curious about how Drupal works? Looking to build more engaging websites? This series is for you. Over the course of four sessions we will walk you through how to build a Drupal site from the ground up including:
- Installing and extending Drupal
- Managing content, navigation and taxonomy
- Managing users and permissions
- Managing page layouts and themes
- Introduction to advanced concepts
The course is a mix of lecture and hands on workshop, so bring your laptop. We will be setting you up with an actual website that you will be building during the course.
This series is designed to help expose you to a world of new possibilities in web development. By the end of the course you will be familiar with fundamental Drupal concepts used in building any web site.
Who should attend:
- Enterprise webmasters looking for a more progressive web platform without the high cost of traditional ECMSs
- Sales and marketing managers looking for better ways to build brand, generate sales and engage and retain customers
- SMB owners looking to build an industry leading web presence
- Non-profit managers looking to modernize their website to best engage constituents, build community and drive contributions
- Anyone in publishing, entertainment, education, government or any other industries who can benefit from advanced engagement driven websites
- Students looking to break into the ultra-hot Drupal market
Session 1 – Intro to Drupal - 1/2/12
In this session we cover fundamental Drupal concepts. We will take a look at several high profile Drupal sites and dissect how you can incorporate their advanced features into your site. We will get your site up and running, learn how to use modules to add features and look at the basics adding content.
Session 2 – Content management - 2/6/12
While Drupal does much more than just manage content, it all starts with content. In this session we will dive into Drupal’s revolutionary tools for architecting and managing content. We will also review Drupal’s highly flexible user based permissions system and how to mange users.
Session 3 – Site building – 3/5/12
In this session we will look at how to get your site looking the way you want. Drupal gives non HTML/CSS coders many tools for controlling page organization and the look and feel of your site. We'll cover menus, blocks and regions, and how to find and use plug and play themes to dress your site to impress.
Session 4 – Extending Drupal – 4/2/12
Drupal’s remarkable flexibility and corresponding rise in popularity is due to some pretty clever pioneering features. In this session we will look at those and will cover cutting edge concepts including building content types, CCK, views and advanced image handling.