Sitebuilding in Drupal has come a long way over the years. If you are still only using nodes, blocks and basic Views, then these next two meetups are for you.
Mark Hanna will be taking us through a practical example of building a complete reviews system using the latest in Drupal Sitebuilding. This means Display Suite, Fieldgroup, Entity Reference, Entity Reference Prepopulate, Views, Entity Views Attachments (EVA), Token, and Rules.
Jan 21 -- Display Suite, Fieldgroup, Entity Reference, Views, and EVA
- Walkthrough creation of Reviews content type with an Entity reference and Entity reference prepopulate widget
- Display Suite layout and config with Fieldgroups
- Creation of custom display suite field to add an "Add a review link" to the Article content type
- Creation of Reviews list EVA views and explanation of EVA
- Views topics will show off all major sections of views except relationships (class two) including contextual filters
Feb 18 -- Improving on our Reviews System
- Views Relationships -- bring in the user table to have user information show on review listings
- Rules -- Showcase Rules to add automatic redirect back to article reviews list after review creation
- Will add some additional features showcasing rules
- Basic CSS styling of our reviews view showing off Firebug