addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Dallas PHP Message Board › Group shutdown....

Group shutdown....

Steve H.
karaokeamerica
Dallas, TX
Post #: 5
Will the dallasphp.org site's announcement list be the official source of info going forward?
Chris C.
enygmadae
Group Organizer
Dallas, TX
Post #: 12
There's no shutdown happening...Tim is just no longer able to be the maintainer of the Meetup group. I've stepped up in his place, though and things will continue as normal.

Because of this same issue, you should refer to http://phpdallas.org...­ for the latest information about the group (well, the things that don't show up here on Meetup).

Thanks!
Steve H.
karaokeamerica
Dallas, TX
Post #: 7
Cool! Of course I'm still hoping to find a way to get to a meeting, but I'm glad you folks are around.

It does beg the question.....is there someone in here that lives between Plano and Garland, that may be interested in some PHP tutoring?

I have a particular project that I am working on. It is a script that originally cost me about $50 to get written (I did some of it and it's not a big deal to real developers apparently) by a programmer acquaintance in FL who started a new real job and doesn't have time to help me re-write it for a new DB structure. I want to LEARN how to do this and I don't want to just hand it off to someone to do. I may be able to bring this to a meeting, but I don't want to hijack the meeting for my project. I am willing to pay something (reasonable) for this opportunity to learn though.

If someone is interested please email at karaokeamerica AT gmail and we can discuss specifics.

Thanks again!