Dallas PHP Message Board › Junior PHP Developer (Plano) Full time
Are you a skilled OOP PHP developer (think PHP 5.3 and MVC)?
Are you tied of companies with ad-hoc design practices?
Do you appreciate the need for design standards and practices?
Do you wish your development team valued your ideas and suggestions?
Do you wish you could experiment with new technologies in your applications?
If you answered yes to the above questions, then HomeCEUConnection.com is looking for YOU.
HomeCEUConnection.com is seeking a PHP Programmer (PHP/MySQL and HTML/CSS) to join our growing company. We are looking for a talented programmer that embraces new technology and strives to lead new development with suggestions and knowledge. In this position you help create, maintain and optimize a custom learning management e-commerce application built on PHP and other leading technologies. You will have direct input on the development of the application. For once you finally get to play with the techniques and technologies you stayed up playing with late at night. You'll skills will tested and honed as you develop in a casual and friendly company culture similar to Zappos and Facebook.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Development of custom, secure, and scalable multi-tier web applications; as well as user-friendly and compliant web application interfaces that meet business requirements
• Perform complete testing of web applications and identifying technical issues
• Perform routine daily maintenance of existing sites and applications
Required Experience and Skills:
• Three years of OOP PHP experience in MVC frameworks
• Experience with web services using XML, Soap, and REST
• Two years of experience with CMS packages such as Wordpress or Joomla
• Fluent in HTML and CSS (Have explored HTML5 and CSS3)
• Experience in developing in a LAMP environment
• Working knowledge of web application life cycle development methodologies, deployment practices, frameworks, version control, and testing
• Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, organizational and planning skills
• Ability to work with minimal supervision to code and test independently as well as work jointly with a team
• Creative and detail oriented
• Enjoys learning new technologies
• Experience with APIs such as: Google, Facebook, Autherize.net
• Background with PHP Frameworks such as: CodeIgnitor, Kohana, Zend, Symfony, or CakePHP
• Web testing frameworks or automation experience (PHPUnit, SimpleTest)
• Experience with Streaming media a big plus
• Experience with video serving, shopping carts, website migration, and social network integration
• Experience with Perl, Ruby, Python, C, C++, Shell
• Linux and LAMP administration
• A BS/MS in CS/CE degree from a four-year college or university is preferred; however non-degreed applicants meeting the experience requirements above will be considered.
About the Company
HomeCEUConnection.com serves Physical Therapists and Physical Therapist Assistants (PT, PTA), Occupational Therapists and Occupational Therapist Assistants (OT, OTA), Speech Language Pathologist (SLP), Athletic Trainers and Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist nationwide.
• Pay is commensurate with experience.
• Full Time Position
• Office based in Plano, TX (near 121/Dallas North Toll)
• Schedule is Monday through Friday - Flexible Hours
• Full benefits provided with this position: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401k, Vacation Time, Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
If you are interested in learning more about this rewarding opportunity, please submit your resume, code samples, and salary requirements.