December 9, 2012 · 11:00 AM
This location is shown only to members
What To Expect:
Awaken your unique inner dance!
Experience an environment for people to authentically and safely express themselves. It is a space free of judgment. It is a place to feel, move and heal, so that we can get more in touch with our true selves.
- We begin with a short opening circle to breathe together and set our individual intentions for the dance. You are welcome with whatever thoughts or feelings you bring -- sadness, joy, grief, gratitude, fear, love ...
- We warm-up and stretch for about 10-15 minutes.
- We dance non-verbally (no conversation) for about 45 minutes. We dance barefoot (or with socks or non-scuff shoes) on a hardwood floor. You are welcome to remain on the floor, kneel, sit, or stand, or any combination of these positions, while you dance. Many dancers close their eyes, or cover their eyes with a bandana, while dancing to enhance the experience.
There are no specific movements or instruction; only suggestions by the facilitator for the journey. The music gradually builds to a high energy level and ends with a calming cool-down. Be prepared to release and sweat!
- We end with a closing circle to talk about our experiences and share announcements about other events or activities. This is a great way to build community among ourselves.
What To Bring:
- Loose clothing
- Water to drink
- A mat
- A hand towel to dry off (optional)
- A bandana to cover your eyes (optional)
- $5 cash