Sydney Data Miners Message Board › New Meetup: Meet Dev Moorkerjee & Scott Harrison from IBM

New Meetup: Meet Dev Moorkerjee & Scott Harrison from IBM

Will S.
user 9870879
Group Organizer
Sydney, AU
Announcing a new Meetup for Sydney Data Miners!

What: Meet Dev Moorkerjee & Scott Harrison from IBM

When: Monday, January 24, 2011 5:45 PM

Where: City Hotel
Cnr of King & Kent Street
Sydney

Hi All,

On behalf of the entire Sydney Data Miners members, I am please to announce and would like to welcome our new sponsor for 2011, IBM SPSS Predictive Analytics software, part of the IBM Business Analytics portfolio.

I look forward to working with their team in delivering top quality presentations for our members throughout 2011.

I am also please to announce our first event for 2011, being held on Monday 24 January at the City Hotel at 5:45PM. With some much discussion on social media data and what to do with it, I thought this topic would be a great one to kick off the year.

Please forward this email to your industry colleagues and have them sign up for FREE at www.meetup.com/datarati­

As usual, if you have any speaker recommendations, or ideas on how we can improve our group, please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly on my contact details below.

TOPIC: Your market is talking. Listen! Using analytics on Twitter feeds.

PRESENTATION OUTLINE: Twitter gives us access to what the market is doing, thinking and saying right now. This session will showcase the power of analytics to access, analyse and report on Twitter feeds.

GUEST SPEAKERS:

Dev Moorkerjee, Senior Consultant, IBM

With over a decade of experience in the area of Business Analytics, Dev Mookerjee is a Senior Consultant within the IBM Business Analytics team in Australia. Dev has helped multiple organisations architect solutions that use enterprise data management, advanced analytics and visualisation technologies to gain clear insights for precise business decision making. Dev's experience spans across all the major industries and he holds a Masters in IT from the University of Canberra and a MBA from Macquarie University."

Scott Harrison, Senior Consultant, IBM

Scott Harrison is a Senior Consultant in Business Analytics for IBM SPSS. In this role Scott advises organisations on the business and technology steps required to integrate data mining, predictive and other emerging analytic technologies into their organisation. Scott has worked for many large companies both within Australia and overseas including Foxtel, HSBC, Sainsburys, O2, Orange, CBA & Westpac.

--
Will Scully-Power
Managing Director
Datarati Pty Ltd

Level 1, 111 Elizabeth Street
Sydney, NSW 2000
Australia

m: +61 400 828 866
p: +61 (2) 8003 7343
e: will.sp@datarati.com.au
w: datarati.com.au
v: datarati.TV
t: twitter.com/willscullypower
b: willscullypower.wordpress.com

Datarati is a data-driven marketing automation, analytics and optimisation company providing actionable insights to improve campaign performance and ROI.

RSVP to this Meetup:
http://www.meetup.com...­