Note: Pizza and drinks will be provided.
John Weis, of Ensequence, will discuss a smattering of topics on Node.js that are geared toward taking someone from never touching node to being able to deploy it.
- download and installing
- npm and the developer ecosystem
- nvm (node version manager)
- the node-dev module
- the debug module
- replify (adding a REPL to a working server, allowing users who can ssh to a server to inspect state of the server)
- common frameworks (express [a popular web framework], socket.io [websockets]
- other interesting uses of node (proxies, command line tools, streams)
- how to run node on a server using upstart and monit