|Sent on:||Tuesday, December 20, 2011 10:26 AM|
Java/J2EE Software Engineer
Location: Herndon, VA
- Design and implement software
applications including web applications. - Work with software engineers as well
as business and product departments to develop and write application systems
- Testing of each solution in appropriate QA environment, adhering to departmental standards, policies and procedures, to ensure proper performance and efficiency guidelines are met. - - - Performs all tasks and completes projects based upon an extensive knowledge of the software development lifecycle.
- Obtains and maintains a working knowledge of operating systems and hardware used by the Development groups, and systemic relationships with outside service providers and designers.
- Documents programs in accordance with development standards and procedures. Create and/or modify current documentation. Other projects/duties as assigned
- Participates in application support as needed.
2 - 6 years of experience with J2EE frameworks and full life cycle N-tier software development from conceptual design to implementation.
- At least 2 years experience with Oracle database.
- Experience with Spring frameworks. - -- Experience with Java IDEs
- Experience with Web Services and Oracle OC4J
- Strong SQL skills
- Excellent Troubleshooting Skills
- Thorough knowledge of design patterns and software development best-practices-- Excellent communication skills
Education and Training
Bachelor?s degree in computer science, math, information systems, engineering, or other related discipline. An advanced degree in a related discipline may be substituted for three years of experience.
Project Specific Requirements
Strong verbal and adequate writing skills are required. Candidate will regularly interact with project team members.