Unique opportunity for a full-time, aspiring software developer in a small, non-government consultancy in Arlington, VA. Work closely with a seasoned professional as an "apprentice" on both new and existing enterprise Java applications.
- Must have a working knowledge of object-oriented programming concepts.
- Must be able to demonstrate programming basics (language not important).
- Must have above-average writing skills (English).
- Candidate should be pursing a career in software development and be passionate about learning.
Strong consideration will be given to candidates with experience in the following:
- Languages: Java platform and language, SQL, Groovy
- Frameworks: JEE, Spring Framework, Swing, JavaFX
- Tools: Junit, Apache Ant, Gradle
- Software: WebLogic Server, Intellij Idea
- Develop server-side business application components from specifications.
- Design and develop desktop Java application interfaces.
- Write automated tests to validate software modules.
- Fix bugs and add new features to existing applications.
- Research data quality issues.
- Application and system troubleshooting.
Please send resumes and inquiries to: jobs at distributed-services.com
Edited by David James on Apr 18, 2012 12:17 PM