DCJUG/Data Driven DC Message Board › Looking for a Sr.
|A former member||
Senior Java Developer/Technical Lead; Strong on All Tiers, Esp. UI
Work with Very Smart People in on Latest Technology
8+ Months, Consulting, Probable Extension
Owings Mills, MD or Washington, DC
xScion Solutions is an Information Technology professional services firm supporting leading commercial clients in the Washington, DC metropolitan area. We are currently supporting a large health care insurance company with some of their key hiring needs and are looking for a Senior Java Developer with strong skills on all n-tiers and especially the presentation layer. Initially you will be working on front end development however this is a dynamic group and your role will change over time and you will be required to use advanced skills on all tiers.
This is for the second phase of the “Claims Enhancement project. The mission for this second phase is to further build out the recently deployed pre-adjudication application. The overall goal is to refine the existing application, apply additional enhancements, and comply with Federal mandates slated for 2013 and beyond. The Senior Developer in this project will assist in the development of the overall application enhancements, and provide hands-on support/leadership to develop and implement the 2012 deliverables.
The project will involve broad Java/J2EE technologies.
Perform full life-cycle activities in support of Claims Enhancement projects which will include:
1. Work with existing project artifacts to become familiar with the application as it has been constructed to this point
2. Drive the detail technical design for specific portions of the application.
3. Assistant project and development managers to define the scope and develop plan for the project deliverables.
4. Accountable for specific development tasks
5. Accountable for meeting the milestones set for the project
6. Conduct code review, unit testing and integration testing
7. Document system design, development and Unit testing, and transfer maintenance work to internal staff
This position requires a BA/BS in computer science or equivalent experience, and more than 8 years professional software development experience in object-oriented language, including minimum of 6 years experience with Java and J2EE.
General requirements include, but not limited to:
- Proven strong technical and project leadership
- Ability to follow and comply with a formal SDLC process.
- Experience with software development best practices (RUP, XP, Agile)
- Strong hands on experience with UML, optional but a plus
- Strong background on multi-platform system integrations at an enterprise level
- Excellent object oriented analysis and design patterns/techniques with emphasis on Java/J2EE technology
- Extensive hands on experience with Java, J2EE, EJB, JSP, JDBC, JPA, JMS, Log4J, AJAX.
- Wide breadth of knowledge across many Java Open-Source technologies including Ant, Struts, Spring, XML parser technology, SOA based infrastructure, JUnit and HTTPUnit
- Experience with RDBMS, especially Oracle, good SQL skills is a must.
Specific requirements include:
- Some AspectJ experience.
- Knowledge of Apache Wicket is preferred, but not required. Can be substituted by any other MVC based UI framework such as Struts or Spring MVC
- String MVC skillset.
- Experience with Websphere.
- JEE (EJB, MDB, JMS, Web Services, etc.)
- Strong HTML, CSS skills.
- XML skills
Additional skills considered a plus:
- Dimensions source control management. Can be substituted by any other source control management such as SourceSafe, CVS, Subversion.
- Excellent application performance tuning skills
- Experience with jBPM is preferred
- Experience with Java based rules engines is preferred, JBoss Rules/Drools, etc.
For immediate consideration, please send resumes to email@example.com