DCJUG/Data Driven DC Message Board › Software Engineer Opportunity with Merlin International in Vienna, VA
|A former member||
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are intersted in discussing.
Merlin International® is seeking a Software Engineer. Merlin International® is one of the fastest growing information technology solutions providers in the country. Founded in 1997, the veteran-owned, privately held business has consistently grown both its revenue and its staff since the company’s inception.
Based in Englewood, CO, Merlin also has an office in Vienna, VA, that houses its federal operations. Today, Merlin is approximately 150 employees strong, with its seasoned professionals possessing decades of experience working in the public and private sectors as well as top-secret security clearances.
Working alongside its system integrator and vendor partners, Merlin provides turn-key IT solutions that solve complex and critical problems while fulfilling mission objectives for federal government agencies and organizations involved in civilian services, defense, intelligence, health care and a variety of other areas.
• Design, develop, test, and debug Java products.
• Work collaboratively with Technical Lead, Project Management, Business Analysts and product teams in the rollout of a large-scale COTS Content Engine.
• Collaborate on integration efforts with the Content Engine and other projects. Integration will be direct Java API calls or Web Service interactions.
• Build and refine the Content Engine SDK using a variety of in-place open-source and proprietary tools including Rational Team Concert, Maven and Spring.
• Contribute to design sessions to guide the SDK development.
• Competent problem solver who identifies and resolves complex software engineering problems
• Document designs in UML and discuss them in a collaborative team environment
• Understand and enforce the architectural vision of the program.
• 5+ years experience designing, developing, debugging and deploying Java web application applications running on Linux/Windows platforms
• Production experience working with large-scale COTS tools
• Strong communication skills -- both verbal and written – with strong relationship, collaborative skills and organizational skills
• Concentrated, long-term, recent hands-on experience in Java software development
• Clear understanding of Java design patterns
• Clear understanding of major Java enterprise design patterns
• Experience in object-oriented analysis and design (OOA&D)
• Strong experience with Spring (MVC or Core)
• Strong experience in Eclipse-based environments
• Web Services implementations
• Experience with automated unit testing frameworks
o JUnit or TestNG
o Selenium or similar
• Must be high-energy, detail-oriented and proactive with the ability to function under pressure in an independent environment
• Demonstrate a high degree of initiative and self-motivation with a willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities
• US Citizenship or Resident Greencard Holder
• BS (or above) in Information Technology, Computer Science or similar (i.e. coursework in hands-on software engineering and development)
Desirable Experience and Skills
• Experience with Scrum and Agile methodologies
Merlin International® offers a dynamic and collaborative environment for you to perform your most inspired work. We strive to create a workplace that is challenging and fulfilling, providing you with growth opportunities and access to some of the most interesting projects and clients in the information-technology industry. Merlin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not tolerate discrimination against any applicant for employment because of gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability or age. It is, in fact, Merlin’s policy to encourage diversity in hiring, recognizing that such policy enriches the work environment for all Merlin employees. We believe that a broad variety of perspectives underscore solid decision-making