DCJUG/Data Driven DC Message Board › Seeking a mid-level Java Developer to work in Washington, DC, interviews are
|A former member||
Headquartered in Herndon, VA, Guident is a leading provider of business intelligence/data warehousing, systems engineering, and management consulting solutions to both the federal and commercial markets. A systems integrator and technology services provider, Guident maintains core competencies in business intelligence, data warehousing, and Oracle Solutions. Guident assists its public and private sector clients in tightly managing project scope, budget, resources, and risks to ensure success. For additional information, visit www.guident.com.
Guident is seeking a mid-level Java web-developer, who will be able to manage own tasks and act as the SME for all Java-related projects in an O&M team. Successful candidates will be able to quickly get up-to-speed on current architectures and designs and be able to work through bugs, and develop additional components to current applications on hand. Candidate should be able to communicate with the rest of the team on recommendations to accommodate business needs. Additionally, the candidate must possess strong analytical problem-solving skills, ability to independently troubleshoot complex issues and have the ability to take proactive measures in solving problems.
The project mainly requires the following technical skills: Java web technologies (Tapestry, Struts, JDOM, Hibernate, etc), Spring MVC, Oracle ADF, Oracle database experience (PL/SQL and basic administration tasks), Oracle 11g Application Server, XML, Web Services and Operating Systems (Linux and Windows).
We are looking for a key person to join a new project with the opportunity to build and structure your development team. Java web development must be your labor of love. You will have the task of building several new web-based applications from scratch. At Guident, you will work with a dynamic, motivated and highly talented team
Must Have Skills:
• 6+ years of IT experience
• 6+ years of JAVA experience (Spring MVC, Struts, Hibernate, etc.)
• 5+ years of HTML
• 2+ years of SQL experience
• 1+ years of Web Services
• Worked on multiple phases (Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation) of the Systems Development Lifecycle
• Strong technical design and analysis skills
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Ability to handle multiple, simultaneous tasks
• Adhering to project timelines, addressing and resolving technical issues
• Capable of researching and considering new technologies
• Ability to work with minimal supervision to deliver on schedule and budget
• Flexibility in commuting in and around Washington D.C. area
• Good verbal and written communications skills
• U.S. Citizen or Green Card holder
• BS degree in Information Systems Management, Computer Science, or a related field
• Consulting experience with large top-tier consulting organizations (Accenture, Deloitte, Booz Allen, CGI, etc.)
• Oracle ADF
• BI Experience is a HUGE plus
Guident is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.