DCJUG/Data Driven DC Message Board › Hi ! (Job) Senior Java Software Engineer - Sterling, VA
|A former member||
I have this new job requirement which I would like to bring to your notice. Kindly send me your updated resume with the below filled skill matrix ASAP if interested, If not please forward this job with your network and peers and see if they might be interested on it.
This position is with our great client who is the leading provider of Telecommunication and entertainment solutions..
Job Title: Senior Java Developer
Location: Sterling, VA
Duration: 6+ months contract (possible extension)
The product consists of high-volume, DNS standard-based systems and components that are highly scalable, distributed and data intensive. We are seeking Software Engineers interested in understanding these standards, who are comfortable with learning new skills, finding solutions to challenging problems, and capable of creating or finding the tools (i.e. Hadoop, Cassandra, Zookeeper, and Kafka) necessary to achieve solutions.
The current team is very technical so you must be sure of your skills and be self-reliant, able to review the work of other developers, lead some efforts and coordinate with offshore teams.
The successful candidates will work on many efforts. Below are some of the responsibilities:
• Applies the appropriate standards, processes (Agile), procedures, and tools throughout the development life cycle to his or her development team
• Participate in full lifecycle development activities including:
o Analysis of product and technical requirements specifications
o Design and develop Java-based features, enhancements, and fixes using Object-Oriented Design techniques
o Development based on a test first driven approach
o Automation of Unit and Integration tests to support a Continuous Integration environment
o Actively participating in peer review sessions (documents, code)
o Support QA testing and Production deployment of customer portal.
• Understand DNS concepts and apply these concepts to developed software
• Clearly communicate issues and status, both in writing and verbally, to Product Managers, Customer Support Engineers, QA Engineers and Project Managers.
• BS or higher in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent):
• A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design:
• Extensive programming experience in Java EE 6 / J2EE with at least five years of real world experience. Strong OO skills, including knowledge of Design Patterns, are essential:
• Working experience with at least one Agile application development methodology:
• Experience with Formal, automated Unit and Integration Testing and Continuous Integration:
• Experience developing applications that interact with SQL Databases including knowledge of SQL (Oracle experience preferred, but not essential):
• Experience in meeting or exceeding systems design criteria of 99.999% availability:
• Several years of experience with large, multi-threaded systems software design and development, with extensive knowledge of Unix/Linux:
• Basic understanding of DNS:
• Python experience is a plus: