DCJUG/Data Driven DC Message Board › (Job) Senior Software Architect - Sterling, VA
|A former member||
I have this new job requirement which I would like to bring to your notice. Kindly send me your updated resume with the below filled skill matrix ASAP if interested, If not please forward this job with your network and peers and see if they might be interested on it.
This position is with our great client who is the leading provider of Telecommunication and entertainment solutions..
Title: Senior Software Architect
Location: Sterling, VA
Project Duration: 6 Months+ Contract (extendable)
Are you interested in working on a high-profile, consumer-facing, interesting software? Client builds and operates CLIENT’s Project and we are looking for a Software Architect to lead the building of dynamically-scalable service. CLIENT’s Project is an open system for digital content distribution anchored by a shared, cloud-based digital media library and account management system. At its heart is the CLIENT’s Project Coordinator, a Digital Rights Management (DRM) infrastructure operated by Client, that lets consumers create and manage their own interoperable personal digital entertainment libraries, devices, and domains, regardless of where and how they purchase their content.
So you should be interested in building software and systems that must scale to meet seasonable demand, maintain a high-level of security, and high-performance.
The Software Architect creates highly reliable, scalable, and high performing systems; works closely with development, certification and operation teams to lead architectural, code, and process changes to improve efficiency; works with Operations to ensure seamless deployments, low mean time to resolution of issues and sufficient capacity to meet demands of a system; and works with management to ensure architectures fit within IT budgets and SLA agreements with customers fit with designed parameters. The Software Architect needs to:
• Lead the design and implementation of the next generation architecture.
• Lead migration to an auto-scaling (cloud-based) architecture.
• Write code, optimize build and test frameworks, and keep the product moving forward.
• Quickly learn, understand and enhance the current CLIENT’s Architecture, specification, and software.
• Move the team to more agile development practices including:
o Continuous integration, continuous testing, and continuous deployment.
o Coding standards and peer reviews.
o Automated deployments and a more ‘devops’ model of working.
o Continuous improvement and optimization of the current code base.
• Prototype and design solutions to address performance improvements.
• Mentor and assist other developers including QA.
• Experience leading the development of scalable REST APIs.
• Experience in Cloud computing, in particular Amazon AWS.
• A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
• Extensive programming experience in Java – at least 5 years Java or comparable language experience.
• Working experience with java/web application development such as Hibernate and Spring.
• Experience with cache technologies such as Ehcache and Terracotta.
• Experience with Formal, automated Unit and Integration Testing and Continuous Integration.
• Working experience with Java containers such as JBoss, Jetty, and Tomcat.
• Up to date on the latest Open Source projects including experience with NoSQL.
• BS or higher in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or commensurate experience).
Please email your MS Word resume to email@example.com and completed skills-matrix in the body of your email.
Total IT exp:
Total experience in Software Architecture:
Total exp in Java/ Web Application Development:
Total exp in Scalable RESTful APIs:
Total exp in Cloud Computing, please specify the tool you used:
Total exp in Open Source Products:
Expected Hourly rate:
Are you US Citizen /GC? Specify:
Best time to reach you:
A) Phone Interview:
B) Face to Face Interview:
C) Start Date:
Current City and State:
Current Location residential address:
I look forward your timely response ASAP…
AJ Dominic | BlueAlly, LLC
Manager - Recruitment & Talent Acquisition
Direct: 703.259.8571 | Fax: 703.563.9767
Visit us at: www.blueally.com