DCJUG/Data Driven DC Message Board › Java/J2EE Web Application Developer
|A former member||
Title: Java/J2EE Web Application Developer
Status: Permanent Full -Time
Location: Washington D.C.
Security Clearance Required: Public Trust
- Perform development according to local standards and industry best practices.
- Must possess a solid understanding of Object Oriented concepts, strong Java/J2EE skills and strong grasp of Web services
- Troubleshooting production issues with strong problem analysis skills and the ability to provide a written overview using diagramming tools, such as MS Visio
- Must be comfortable providing support and maintaining code written by others with little historical supporting documentation
- Write/develop detailed testing scenarios and participate in peer and quality reviews of code and documentation
- Must be able to communicate effectively orally and in writing with the ability to develop comprehensive technical presentations
Required Technical Experience:
- Applicant must have recent substantial J2EE web development experience in all but 2 of the following areas:
- Spring (recent version)
- Struts (recent version)
- Standard design patterns and application architectures, including MVC
- Data interfacing through JDBC and ORM tools such as Hibernate, JPA, or iBatis
- WebSphere, Jboss, WebLogic, or other application servers
- Enterprise RDBMS, such as Informix, Oracle, MySQL, DB2, or Postgres
- Working knowledge of shell scripting or a related language (e.g., perl, Python)
- IDEs, CM, and build tools such as eclipse, netbeans, Harvest, PVCS, SVN, ANT, and Maven
- Full lifecycle documentation
- All SDLC phasesAll SDLC phases
- Bachelor's (BS) degree in a related field
- Working knowledge of CMMI or ISO 9000 techniques and goals are desirable.
If you are interested, please contact Robin Newman at email@example.com or 301-795-0403.
For more information on Powertek Corporation, please visit us at www.powertekcorporation.com.