Monday, Sept. 23 UPDATE:
We're going to take advantage of the $27 climbing special where advance registrations are not required. Read more about it by visiting: http://www.sandyspringadventurepark.org/afterwork. Sandy Spring is 6.9 miles (15 minutes) away from Glenmont Metro Station. So we can help arrange Carpools from here. If you need a ride from somewhere else, please post it on the Meetup event page.
- Last ticket sold at 5pm.
- Please add additional $2.00 registration fee and 7% Maryland Amusement Tax to ticket price.
- Advance Reservations are not available for 90 Minute Climbing Tickets.
- Last call for climbing the Black Diamond and Double Black Diamond Courses is 5:30PM.
- Adventurous Climbers that purchase an After Work 90 minute ticket and would like to attempt to climb the Black Diamond and Double Black Diamond Courses should arrive no later than 4:00PM on weekdays and 5:00PM on weekends.
- During Weekends and Holidays, The Adventure Park cannot guarantee 90 Minute Tickets
Holders availability to climb Black Diamond and Double Black Diamond Courses.
What is an Adventure Park?
In 5 wooded acres is an aerial forest ropes park consisting of platforms installed in trees and connected by various configurations of cable, wood, rope and zip lines to form bridges. Groups of bridges link together to form separate courses.
It is a fun outdoor activity that allows you to enjoy nature, gives you exercise, and challenges you. The courses are designed for everyone to enjoy, and designated as Yellow, Green, Blue, Black and Double Black similar to ski trails. Other than park rules, the only requirement we have is that your harness be properly worn and you are always attached by one of your carabineers to the life lines on and between each platform.
About The Adventure Park
The Adventure Park is fun, exciting and safe for all participants. They provide a harness and equipment and give you a safety briefing that demonstrates how to climb in the park. There are 10 separate courses of varying levels of difficulty. Each course has zip lines but primarily consist of “bridges” between tree platforms made of rope, cable and wood configurations creating over 150 unique challenges. You will develop skills, endurance, and confidence during your time in the Park. Trained Adventure Park staff members monitor the Park and are there to assist if needed.