addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

DC/MD/VA Outdoor Adventure Club Message Board › About Our (Missing) Organizer

About Our (Missing) Organizer

Closed to new replies

A former member
Post #: 15
Hi everyone,

I just found out about this group's potential demise and I'd be sorry to see it end. I'd be willing to step up as main organizer to help the group keep going, but I'd have to have some volunteers to help organize events in their specific areas.

I live way down in Fredericksburg and I'd love to arrange some events down here, or even just north of here, but I can't do the upper regions of DC and MD, it's just too far.

Anyone willing to step in and help by becoming an assistant organizer? I just need a handful of people to agree in order to make the leap.

A little about me: I started and built a successful meetup hiking group a few years ago, back in my previous home state of Connecticut, which is still running today under a new leader. I'm also currently an assistant organizer of the DC Metro Hiking group. So I have the knowledge and skills to be the organizer, and would be willing to help those of you who have not done it before but would like to try.

Feel free to message me privately or post a response here.

It takes a lot to build a group like this, let's try to keep it going.
A former member
Post #: 8
As well, I'd be willing to organize events as well. I live in Annapolis but on any given day I'm in the Baltimore, DC or Annapolis area so coming up with events in the DC/MD area wouldn't be hard for me to do as well.

Thanks
Joseph

A former member
Post #: 1
I'll volunteer to help organize events. My pleasure. I live in NoVA, and there are lots of things going on out here.

I would say three is a pretty good number to kick start this stuff. Perhaps we should meet up and discuss the possibilities!

Bill Luker
571-271-2184