addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

*DC Metro Fil-Am Meetup* Message Board › Shooting Therapy

Shooting Therapy

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi fellow Tagalog speakers,

Meron ba sa inyong mahilig mamaril? If so, contact me. I go to Blue Ridge Arsenal in Chantilly. Let me know what you got also. Ok lang kung newbies kayo at walang experience pero gustong sumama para matuto. But I will have to take it on a case by case basis for your safety and others (especially mine LOL) depending on the experienced to beginner ratio. Nagpaparenta din ng mga baril at nagtitinda ng bala sa Blue Ridge so we shouldn't have any problem about weaponry availability. Email me. I shoot very frequently and if you guys want to make this into a "mini" meet up, I am open for that.

A former member
Post #: 411
Ako! I got a 9mm gold plated semi/fully automatic barreta, pero I don't like to bring it to the range, I'd rather rent one there. Let's go! I wanto to go!
A former member
Post #: 2
Gold plated. Hanep. I don't blame you. I'd feel bad shooting that and getting it dirty. Got me an M4, 30_06, Ruger P95 9mm, 995 Carbine. I'd like to have an M1 one of these days. Been going to the gun shows. Pero mahal silang lahat. Let's wait till this picks up over the weekend and let's plan out for future meet ups at the range. I'm shooting tomorrow morning though LOL. I'm shooting @ 1000 with my boss at Blue Ridge. You are welcome to join if you want to drive early. You know of any free range (Izaak Walton types maybe) near your area?
Allan v
user 10760745
Fairfax, VA
Post #: 19
I am game... <<<<<<<<<<­ NEWBIE THOUGH

lol so u might have to show me the ropes.... got any info on the place... location.. rental rates... shooting range rates.. etc etc..

i can setup a meetup for you anytime and put u as the person in charge...

i am not much of an organizer.. just like to put up ideas and events... etc etc

let me know
A former member
Post #: 3
The place I shoot at is called Blue Ridge Arsenal in Chantilly. Here's the website You will see all the info you need. But to summarize the important part, gun rental is $12 per firearm. Targets (about $1.50) and ammo not included. You can rent eye and ear protection for $2 each (for ear protection you can just buy the foam types for 75cents). For range fees, its $20 per lane per hour. $10 additional for someone sharing the lane. To save money one can just rent a gun (its unlimited hours for $12) share it in the same lane. Of course, you guys can use mine also.

I was thinking about setting up an official meetup for this after I meet some of you guys on the 30th. But between now and then you guys are welcome to join me either at this range or some other place you all know. Just pm me and let me know when you guys wanna shoot. I only live 5 min. from the range. By the way I will be shooting today at 10AM. If you guys want to show up, just look for that Filipino looking guy and say "Hi AL." :-) And we'll shoot.

A former member
Post #: 414
make it a meetup Allan, this is good.
A former member
Post #: 4
Hey guys,
Just got back from the range. There was a cop with an mp5 just ripping thru magazines after magazines. I wish I was that rich. Can't afford to waste bullets just like that. I also saw an old M1 Garand, my dream rifle. Over all it was a good day. Shooting with be a great to do after a meetup session (after lunch or merienda perhaps). Its fun but the chance of talking there would difficult. It's a very loud atmosphere. I talked to one of the workers in there. If we are ever going to do a meetup, I will have to make reservations if there are going to be plenty of people coming (i.e. more than 10).

Allan, I'll be happy to be point on a shooting meetup. I'll get the logistics squared away so long as there is interest.

Allan v
user 10760745
Fairfax, VA
Post #: 20
sounds good just let me know when you want to do it and i will setup one on the calendar according to your schedule
A former member
Post #: 417
ok Thanks, I'll check my schedule.
A former member
Post #: 6
Will do. I'll talk to you guys more about the plan on Saturday when we all meet at Pampangueno.