*DC Metro Fil-Am Meetup* Message Board › Shooting Therapy

Shooting Therapy

Rudy R
user 9514612
Washington, DC
Post #: 5
The last time I pulled a trigger is when I was a teenager (obviously its been a while). Meron akong .22 cal riffle sa Pilipinas before for hunting only. This would be an interesting meetup...sige payag ako. Let's talk about it sa Saturday tol..
A former member
Post #: 9
Me hunting experience ka? Pre, last year pako naghahanap ng hunting partner d2 sa VA na pinoy. My brother kept on saying, "you're not in Hawaii anymore; give it up." So far ngayon, binibigyan lang ako ng mga kaibigan kong puti ng mga deer jerkies nila dahil naaawa sakin na wala pakong nahuhuli. Wala kasing kasamang pumunta sa free range. Mahirap mag hila ng usa pagnaiisa ka lang.

Pero you know, its like riding a bike. You'll remember how to shoot once you feel the recoil.

I was saying on the other discussion subject that maybe we all could plan a meetup at Karaoke idol and then go shooting at Blue Ridge here in Chantilly. When I go shooting this week, I'll try to see if I can get some free passes. That way I can save you guys some money. Depending on what you wanna shoot, .22 cal being the cheapest, of course, I can help you guys buy ammo at Walmart. But I know an ffl (legal of course) dealer in Woodbridge na nagbebenta ng wholesale.

I'm not expecting much turn out on that kind of meetup though. Shooting is a niche type of meetup. It's either you like it or you don't. But I would recommend anyone who's ever interested how it feels like to shoot to come and join. Shooting is not only for war mongers (my past life haha). I actually use shooting to lower the possibility of hypertension by learning to relax and breathe while shooting. I don't have one yet but its in my family kasi. It used to be golfing in Hawaii. But I haven't seen a $16 greenfee here for 18 holes (let alone 9 even on twilights during winter time). So my King Cobras have been in semi retirement status. I should trade them for a shotgun because I feel sorry for my clubs.

I'll pm you if you want to go with me this week. You know Pabo season is coming up soon. Kung kumakain ka ng pabo, you should go with me. I'm extending this hunting invitation to every members of course. But for those interested let me know your level. Too much inexperience with weapons and a huge turn out may become a Dick Cheney incident haha.

A former member
Post #: 421
man it's been 10 years since I pulled a trigger, warning, it can get expensive and addicting, but a great stress reliever.
A former member
Post #: 11
Yes it is expensive and yes it is VERY addictive. But golf is more expensive here in VA and gun law is a lot more looser than Hawaii. Ammos cheaper than green fee. But my blood pressure has been a lot better since I changed from golf to shooting!!! Can't ask for anything more.